What’s Under the Hood
DriveTime Family of Brands is the largest privately owned used car sales finance & servicing company in the nation. Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona and Dallas, Texas, we create opportunities and improve the lives of our customers and our employees by placing a focus on putting the right customer, in the right vehicle, on the right terms and on their path to ownership.
The DriveTime Family of Brands spans across DriveTime, Bridgecrest and SilverRock. You can find us at the intersection of technology and innovation as we use our proprietary tools and over two decades of industry knowledge to redefine the process of purchasing, financing, and protecting your vehicle.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In long, our Accounting Manager is responsible for:
- Understanding highly specialized accounting concepts required to maintain the general ledger and supporting subsidiary ledgers and ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Working under the direction of the Director of Accounting, as the Accounting Manager you will assist in coordinating the accounting activities including review of complex issues and general reconciliations coupled with an emphasis on the ability to manage the planning, performance, presentation and completion of special projects.
- This position will also have regular, direct interactions with individuals on the operational side of the business.
- Performing budget to actual analysis and variance explanation
- Managing General Ledger for full cycle accounting
- Analyzing and reporting on profitability for business segments
- Assisting in preparation and communication of management reports
- Supporting the development and research of accounting policies and procedures
- Reviewing and analyzing inputs/outputs from significant accounting processes
- Managing staff through reviewing and approving reconciliations and journal entries
- Opening lines of communication with Director of Accounting, CAO and CFO - Supporting external and internal auditors with quarterly reviews and annual audits
- Evaluating and improving upon existing accounting policies, reports and reconciliations
- Researching, analyzing and documenting conclusions on new accounting policies
- Ensuring all business unit requests, questions and ad-hoc issues are handled in a timely, professional manner
- Continuously developing audit process improvements
- Ensuring the accurate and timely process of all transactions
- Challenging practices and continue to develop new, increasingly efficient processes for the accounting operations functions
- Bachelor's degree in accounting (licensed CPA preferred)
- 5+ years overall experience in accounting
- Experience in an accounting leadership position or other management experience
- Prior GL experience or heavy public accounting experience
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to develop and communicate accounting policies and procedures
So What About the Perks? Perks matter
- Medical, dental, and vision, oh my! DriveTime Family of Brands covers a sizable amount of insurance premiums to ensure our employees receive top-tier healthcare coverage.
- But Wait, There’s More. 401(K), Company paid life insurance policy, short and long-term disability coverage to name a few.
- Growth Opportunities. You grow, I grow, we all grow! But seriously, DriveTime Family of Brands is committed to providing its employees with every opportunity to grow professionally with roughly over 1,000 employees promoted year over year.
- Tuition Reimbursement. We’re as passionate about your professional development as you are. With that, we’ll put our money where our mouth is.
- Wellness Program. Health is wealth! This program includes self-guided coaching and journeys, cash incentives and discounts on your medical premiums through engaging in fun activities!
- Gratitude is Green. We offer competitive pay across the organization, because, well money matters!
- In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. So come early, take a break in your day or finish strong with a workout!
- Give Us a Reason (or not), and We’ll Celebrate. Regardless of whether there is a holiday or not, we are finding ways to kick back and enjoy each other’s company outside of day-to-day work.
- Smart-Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays. Not just lip service: we work hard, to play hard.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime Family of Brands is Great Place to Work Certified! And get this: 90% of our rockstar employees say they feel right at home here. We could spend a lot of time having you read about ALL our awards, but we’ll save time (and practice some humility) just naming a few others; Comparably Awards: Best Company for Diversity, Best Company Culture and Best Company Leadership, oh and don’t forget Phoenix Business Journal Healthiest Employers (okay, we’ll stop there)!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!