Accounting Intern (Summer 2024)
What’s Under the Hood
DriveTime Family of Brands is the largest privately owned used car sales finance & servicing company in the nation. Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona and Dallas, Texas, we create opportunities and improve the lives of our customers and our employees by placing a focus on putting the right customer, in the right vehicle, on the right terms and on their path to ownership.
The DriveTime Family of Brands spans across DriveTime, Bridgecrest and SilverRock. You can find us at the intersection of technology and innovation as we use our proprietary tools and over two decades of industry knowledge to redefine the process of purchasing, financing, and protecting your vehicle.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
We are seeking highly skilled Accounting / AccountingOperations intern. The Accounting Operations group consists of different Accounting groups - Accounts Payable, Cash Balancing, Payroll, Procurement, and more!
In short, as a Product Analyst Intern you will be responsible for:
- Gain a well-rounded view of how all of the Accounting Operations teams
- Building new reports to streamline processes for AP/AR/Cash Balancing
- Enter and approve payable summaries
- Identify newly created vendors and their total spend
- Ensure vendors are being create properly and following DriveTime protocols for contracts
- Improve existing process to create efficiencies and ensure accurate data
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know "detail-oriented" is on about every job description - but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-paced environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize then re-prioritize again.
- You are currently pursuing a bachelor's or master’s with a graduation date of 12/2024 - 5/2025
- bachelor’s degree in business or master’s degree in Economics, Finance, etc..
- Accounting experience/knowledge
- Knowledge of MS Excel (Macros), SQL experience
- Our internship program will be 11 weeks starting May 2024 to August 2024
- Internships will be based out of our Home Office in Tempe, AZ and Dallas, TX
- You can expect a regular on-site schedule Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Not Just Coffee Runs. We’re talking real world experience. You’ll walk away from our internship program with hands-on experience, completed projects, full portfolios, and newly developed skills.
- Who Says You Have to Walk Away? Across both our Tempe, AZ and Dallas, TX offices, over 60% of our interns stay through the fall semester, return the following summer, or are brought on full-time after graduation.
- Growth & Development. You will be mentored by industry professionals, be given guidance along the way, and the tools to be successful.
- Philanthropy: Give for Good. We are proud to be difference makers in our communities. We dedicate time for our Interns to give back with us.
- Gratitude is Green. Out Internship Program is paid, because, well money matters!
- In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. So come early, take a break in your day or finish strong with a workout!
- Give Us a Reason (or not), and We’ll Celebrate. Regardless of whether there is a holiday or not, we are finding ways to kick back and enjoy each other’s company outside of day-to-day work.
- Smart-Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime Family of Brands is Great Place to Work Certified! And get this: 90% of our rockstar employees say they feel right at home here. We could spend a lot of time having you read about ALL our awards, but we’ll save time (and practice some humility) just naming a few others; Comparably Awards: Best Company for Diversity, Best Company Culture and Best Company Leadership, oh and don’t forget Phoenix Business Journal Healthiest Employers (okay, we’ll stop there)!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!