DriveTime Family of Brands has expanded to include Verde Outdoor Media (VOM). VOM is committed to providing effective outdoor media solutions and exceptional customer service to out-of-home (OOH) advertisers and operators. Since its formation in 2021, Verde Outdoor Media has focused its efforts on expansion opportunities, recently acquiring a legacy OOH company in the Midwest and partnering with seasoned operators in the Mid-and South-Atlantic.
The accountant position is responsible for understanding specialized accounting concepts required to maintain the general ledger and ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and statutory accounting practices.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for daily accounting functions and month end close process including preparation of general ledger account reconciliations and journal entries (claims, earnings, billings, etc.)
- Maintain general ledger and analyze to ensure accurate and relevant information.
- Identify areas of opportunity to increase efficiencies within current processes and assist in or initiate process improvements.
- Assist with preparing monthly and quarterly reports that provide management accurate information to support decision making.
- Perform accounts payable functions for Verde Outdoor Group and all its subsidiaries.
- Manage credit card program.
- Setup loans and oversee maintenance of loan system.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations and journal entries for items such as cash, payroll, prepaids, general accruals, etc.
- Review expense reports for compliance with Company policy and ensure adequate support for transactions is obtained.
- Primary person responsibility for bank account administration and setup.
- Prepare bank account reconciliations.
- Assist with financial statement audits of disbursements.
- Analysis of bank fees.
- Responsible for daily accounts payable and cash management functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize/re-prioritize multiple projects and/or deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- 1-3 years overall experience in accounting.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); understanding of Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP) a plus.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter
- Medical, dental, and vision, oh my! DriveTime Family of Brands covers a sizable amount of insurance premiums to ensure our employees receive top-tier healthcare coverage.
- But Wait, There’s More. 401(K), Company paid life insurance policy, short and long-term disability coverage to name a few.
- Growth Opportunities. You grow, I grow, we all grow! But seriously, DriveTime Family of Brands is committed to providing its employees with every opportunity to grow professionally with roughly over 1,000 employees promoted year over year.
- Tuition Reimbursement. We’re as passionate about your professional development as you are. With that, we’ll put our money where our mouth is.
- Wellness Program. Health is wealth! This program includes self-guided coaching and journeys, cash incentives and discounts on your medical premiums through engaging in fun activities!
- Gratitude is Green. We offer competitive pay across the organization, because, well money matters!
- In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. So come early, take a break in your day or finish strong with a workout!
- Give Us a Reason (or not), and We’ll Celebrate. Regardless of whether there is a holiday or not, we are finding ways to kick back and enjoy each other’s company outside of day-to-day work.
- Smart-Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays. Not just lip service: we work hard, to play hard.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime Family of Brands is Great Place to Work Certified! And get this: 90% of our rockstar employees say they feel right at home here. We could spend a lot of time having you read about ALL our awards, but we’ll save time (and practice some humility) just naming a few others; Comparably Awards: Best Company for Diversity, Best Company Culture and Best Company Leadership, oh and don’t forget Phoenix Business Journal Healthiest Employers (okay, we’ll stop there)!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!