- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a “UX Manager “
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. Across the nation, from our home office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s nice, but what’s the job?
In short, as the UX Manager you will be both a manager of a team of UX and creative professionals and a hands-on designer as needed. You will help define the strategic vision and create meaningful and compelling end-to-end experiences throughout the entirety of the Bridgecrest customer journey. You will help grow and mentor your team and facilitate and nurture your relationships with other teams.
In long, as the UX Manager you will:
- Lead enhancements and innovation in customer interactions
- Take strategic initiatives and turn them into reality
- Guide consistency of brand integration throughout the entire customer journey
- Interact with other designers, product teams, architects, analysts, executives and other stakeholders to lead and define customer experience enhancements
- Support enhancements with effective user storytelling, including journey mapping, prototypes, and wireframes
- Manage a team of UX professionals, including designers and content specialists. Provide mentorship and guidance on projects, approach to research, content, and career growth.
- Review proposals, designs, and content from UX team
- Set priorities for the UX team
- Encourage adoption of best practices in processes, technology, and methodology to promote effectiveness of creative process
- Keep up to date on emerging technology and industry standards
- Optimize team workflows
- Champion processes and solutions that work for your team
- Train and coach cross-functional teams on design-thinking concepts and tools
- Establish relationships and work strategically with stakeholder groups
- Product and Analytics: Develop comprehensive experimentation methodology, including roadmap, pilot design, and measurement
- Development: Facilitate productive relationship between UX team and developers to ensure smooth design handoff and realization of creative vision
- Leadership: Understand upfront strategic initiatives, incorporate them into the UX roadmap, and advocate for user-centric approach
- Participate in cross-functional planning and prioritization discussions to allocate resources appropriately and ensure success of UX initiatives
- Become an expert on the Bridgecrest customer in order to more effectively advocate for user experience
- Be the voice of the user in discussions with internal and external stakeholders
- Use qualitative and quantitative data and research to support decisions
- Lead qualitative user research initiatives, including (but not limited to) listening to user phone calls, reviewing online feedback, focus groups, and interpreting A/B test results
So, what kind of folks are we looking for?
We’re looking for someone who has a strong background in the UX industry. You’ve had experience managing people and have worked cross-functionally with product, development, and analytics teams. You are passionate about user experience and want to help drive the future of Bridgecrest customer interactions.
- You are invested in growing a team of designers and UX professionals. You want to lead by example and create an environment that your employees are excited to be a part of.
- You are an influencer. You earn the trust of your team, stakeholders, and leaders by welcoming debate and discourse. You seek to look at projects and problems from all angles and advocate for what you believe is the best experience.
- You have a passion for optimization. Beyond optimizing the customer experience, you are excited about finding better ways for your team to work cross-functionally and increase quality and efficiency.
- You can make complex ideas easy to understand. You have the ability to translate complex ideas into simple, efficient, accessible solutions.
- You balance strategic and creative thought. You have an affinity for both the creative and the data-driven side of UX. You understand the balance between qualitative and quantitative insights and can utilize both in your UX work.
- A mind for the details. This almost goes without saying, but strong attention to detail is a must.
- 4-year degree, or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years’ experience in design or UX preferred
- Must have a detailed portfolio showcasing design work and ability to problem solve creatively – case studies are a plus, but not necessary
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Photoshop and Illustrator especially)
- Knowledge of CSS/HTML and ability to work closely with developers to bring designs to life
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to present and sell designs to coworkers, stakeholders and peers
- Experience with A/B testing and web experimentation
- Experience building and maintaining design systems
- Experience managing a team
Nice to haves
- Experience in the financial services industry is a huge plus
- Experience with design collaboration app Zeplin is a plus
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially, we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So, What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!