Title Research Specialist
What's under the hood:
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, we are looking for a motivated individual that will be responsible for researching and documenting state by state requirements for title acceptance and successful transfer of ownership. Assist in identifying, creating, and drafting processes for dealership title operations. Create and present training for new and existing dealership markets. Research title vendors and draft statement of work outlining support required for dealership operations.
In long, you will:
- Stay actively involved in researching and communicating updates to adhere to state title and registration requirements
- Leads onsite or virtual training for dealerships
- Quality decision maker with the ability to research, gather facts and create processes that align with county/state guidelines with minimal direction
- Ability to work well in a process driven environment with little to no supervision
- A critical thinker that goes beyond surface level research and is diligent about asking questions to ensure understanding
- Review current processes, identify opportunities, and implement changes that benefit the company
- Extremely detail oriented and able to view a situation from different angles
- Outstanding communication skills in both verbal and written
- Manage and maintain communication with all existing title vendors and ensure service levels are being met
- Occasional travel is expected with the potential of multiple nights across the country
So What About the Perks? Perks matter!
- Medical, Dental and Vision On Day 31! DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- Tuition Reimbursement. We encourage growth and development, not only in your career with us but also your formal education.
- 11 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off? This also increases with tenure.
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room & Onsite Gym. Each site has a unique space for you to relax and unwind by pumping some iron, playing some ping pong, foosball, video games or just catching up with friends.
- Wellness Program. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. Over 80% of our current leadership has developed internally.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Must be multitask oriented, organized, set priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must thrive in ambiguous environments and have a mind for the details.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with internal customers and leadership.
- Must have the ability to think strategically and provide constructive feedback.
- Must have a problem-solving mindset with the ability to dig for the route of the problem.
- College degree required
- Schedule Monday-Friday 7AM-4PM - No Weekends!
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!