- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Tax Accountant
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. Across the nation, from our home office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as the Tax Accountant you will be responsible for income tax compliance and analysis including assisting with income tax provisions, assisting with tax planning and tax research and supporting external audits by gathering information and performing research as requested.
In long, the Tax Accountant is responsible for:
- Coordinating with and providing critical information to external accounting firms for preparing federal and state income tax compliance including, separate and combined tax returns
- Researching transactional issues and summarize findings
- Analyzing and preparing tax account reconciliations
- Calculating quarterly estimates and extensions
- Assisting in the preparation of quarterly and income tax provisions and related disclosures for financial statements
- Assisting with external audits performed by tax agencies and preparation of responses to informal inquiries from taxing authorities
- Assisting in special income tax projects
- Offering support in tax planning research and implementation
- Acting as a liaison within the company regarding tax related issues
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to speak and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Analytical and reporting abilities. You’ll need the capability to analyze data and in return, prepare timely reports on your findings.
- Operate autonomously. This isn’t a “hold your hand” kind of role. We give you autonomy to be creative in your space and do your thing. We need an individual that is self-motivated to get the work done and get the work done well.
- Agile in a fast-paced environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business equivalent
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Technical understanding of income taxation and taxpayer filing obligations
- In depth analytics skills, including the ability to data mine and manipulate large amounts of data
- Fully proficient computer skills, including MS Excel
Nice to Haves.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded one of the Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!