Talent Support Specialist
- HR Support
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs an Employee Relations Specialist
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. Across the nation, from our home office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as an Employee Relations Specialist, you will be an integral part of the Talent Support Team by supporting DriveTime’s managers and employees in maintaining a consistent, fair and engaging company culture.
In long, our Employee Relations Specialist are responsible for:
- Advising on Company policies and practices to ensure our core principles are upheld through consistency, fairness and a “doing the right thing” mentality
- Working directly with DriveTime’s management, from all departments, on Performance Management Documentation, employee concerns and internal investigations
- Identifying Performance Management trends and areas for improvement to assist business units with proactive solutions
- Receiving and fielding phone calls and email tickets related to Talent Support from management and employees
- Partnering with appropriate parties on Talent Support related issues: IE: Leave, Legal, Benefits, etc.
- Prioritizing Talent Support projects while meeting specific deadlines
- Performing other related duties as required and assigned
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of professional experience in area(s) such as:
- employee relations
- sales/customer service
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills (Excel, Access, Word, etc.).
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.