Staff Internal Auditor
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Staff Internal Auditor
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a Staff Internal Auditor you will perform various Financial and Operational audits, Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) documentation and testing, and Regulatory Compliance audits for the organization to ensure compliance with DriveTime policies and procedures as well as applicable state and federal regulations.
In long, the Staff Internal Auditor is responsible for:
- Conduct financial, operational, and regulatory compliance audits, fraud investigations, field audits, or other audits and special projects as required.
- Review internal policies and procedures to ensure they are written clearly, comprehensively, provide sufficient internal controls, and are in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Identify and assess areas of risk within the internal control environment and make recommendations for improvements to existing internal controls as necessary.
- Prepare and present reports of findings and recommendations to management.
- Engage in DriveTime’s culture, including the development of professional relationships with audit personnel, management, and DriveTime employees.
- Pursue continuing education and/or professional development as appropriate.
- Other special projects as assigned.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Operate autonomously. This isn’t a “hold your hand” kind of role. We give you autonomy to be creative in your space and do your thing. We need an individual that is self-motivated to get the work done and get the work done well.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Integrity is your middle name. Integrity isn’t just a word at DriveTime, it’s the basis of how we operate. We are looking for someone that functions the same.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Business or a related field.
- Position requires approximately 10% - 20% overnight travel.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word & Excel. Experience building and executing queries in SQL is a plus.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!