- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Staff Accountant
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a Staff Accountant, you will perform key functions within the accounting segment and will have broad general exposure to accounting segments and functions. Working under the direction of Senior Accountants and the Controllers, you will prepare and record journal entries, prepare month-end reconciliations and analysis, and assist in data compilation and validation for special projects and significant accounting models.
In long, our Staff Accountants are responsible for:
- Prepare monthly reconciliations and journal entries for items such as financed receivable activity for $14B+ serviced portfolio (includes servicing of third-party portfolios), capital market financing, general accruals, revenue recognition, etc. to ensure accurate data in compliance with GAAP.
- Assist with monthly financial forecast, development of budgets, and variance analysis.
- Manage application of cash remittances across several ERP systems to ensure execution, and accuracy.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reoccurring and ad-hoc reports that provide management accurate information to support decision making.
- Identify areas of opportunity to increase efficiencies within current processes and assist in or initiate process improvements.
- Work collaboratively, cross-functionally, and interface with stakeholders and other teams to understand business operations and the accounting impacts.
- Assist with shared service accounting functions (GL accounting, corporate accounting, intercompany).
- System Upgrades - assist with implementation of new ERP system for loan servicing and accounting systems.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - the ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences.
- Killer analytical and reporting abilities. You’ll need the capability to analyze financial data and in return, prepare timely reports on your findings.
- Detail-oriented. Okay we know it’s on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 1-3 years’ overall experience in accounting.
- General understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, collaborative teamwork, curiosity, initiative, and attention to detail
Nice to Haves.
- Licensed CPA.
- Accounting audit experience.
- General Ledger experience.