SQL DBA - (REMOTE)
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
In short, our Senior database administrator will be part of exciting new business initiatives helping to solve problems no matter how big or small, SQL or NoSQL, Cloud or On-Premise. Working on business-critical projects built around cutting-edge technologies, and convey strategy and accuracy to our top-level decision makers.
Here at DriveTime your voice matters! Our team plays a bigger role than just SQL Server Backups and Restores We always have special projects that fall outside the normal realm of the DBA so if this sounds like something that excites you then we can't wait to meet you.
- SQL Server 2012-2019
- SQL Server Analysis Services 2016 (SSAS Multi-Dimensional and Tabular)
- ETL - (Informatica, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS))
- Tableau, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Power BI, Sharepoint
- Azure (SQL Data Warehouse, Cosmos, Mongo)
- AWS, Azure
- Solarwinds, Database Performance Analyzer(DPA)
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability and security.
- Apply techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Participate in OnCall rotation to provide 24x7 uptime of production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Participate with the business to identify the most impactful opportunities.
- 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with Windows server
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, "get-it-done" personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Ability to participate in on-call rotation with the team
- No SQL experience a plus
- Experience with Azure (or other cloud provider) a plus
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!