SQL Database Developer - (REMOTE)
In short, as a Senior SQL Database Developer, you will drive several exciting initiatives, help solve problems no matter how big or small, work on business-critical projects built around cutting-edge technologies, and convey strategy and accuracy to our top-level decision-makers. We believe that our competitive advantage is based on accurate, reliable, and well-architected data. We have a large multi-company environment with many online transactional systems (on-premise, cloud-hosted, etc.) creating vast amounts of data used to make strategic decisions.
- SQL Server 2016-2017, and eagerly awaiting 2019
- SQL Server Analysis Services 2016 (SSAS Multi-Dimensional and Tabular)
- ETL - (Informatica, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS))
- Tableau, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Power BI, Sharepoint
- Azure (SQL Data Warehouse, Cosmos, Mongo)
- Red-Gate Developer Bundle
In long, as a Senior SQL Database Developer, If you join us your day will consist of:
- Participate with the business to identify the most impactful opportunities.
- Collaborate and find simplified approaches to business complexities.
- Architect and model data structures to fulfill the technical needs of our business vision.
- Push the limits of SQL by working with the latest tech including NoSQL, Big Data, PolyBase, and JSON parsing.
- Build performant applications that help redefine how we do business -- and keep us ahead of our competitors.
- Utilize SSIS/Informatica to construct enterprise-level ETL procedures
- Ensure designs include strategic analytical metrics for enhanced decision-making.
- Engage in design sessions, peer reviews, pattern/code reviews, and team lunch and learns.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to junior/mid-level developers.
An ideal candidate has most of these skills:
- 5+ years of experience developing MS SQL Server 2008-2017 solutions, Azure SQL, or other relational databases.
- 3+ years of experience with an ETL tool such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) or Informatica.
- 3+ years of experience modeling transactional systems.
- Familiarity with performance tuning techniques such as indexing and analyzing query execution plans.
- Experience with agile development (Scrum, Kanban).
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- Ability to take ownership and facilitate consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Must be willing to collaborate and problem solve in an open team environment.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!
Job Reference #: R498