Software Quality Analyst
- Information Technology
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Software Quality Analyst
DriveTime is the nation’s second largest used car retailer, focused on helping people find and finance used vehicles (trust us, it’s more exciting than it sounds). We have single-handedly rebuilt, retooled, redreamed and reconfigured the way people think about driving cars, breaking apart from the industry’s status quo. For more than 14 years, DriveTime has changed the auto world from the ground up while emphasizing values, morals and growth from the inside-out!
DriveTime’s goal is to take every customer on the full path to ownership. All the way from purchasing vehicles, inspecting and selling; to financing, servicing and warranties – when it comes to owning a vehicle - we know what’s up! As motivated as we are to take our customer on the path to ownership, we are just as focused on taking our employees on the path to owning their careers. Across the nation, from our home office and call centers to our 145 retail locations and 26 inspection centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a Software Quality Analyst, you will partner with engineers on a fast-paced AGILE team to direct and own the QA effort supporting multiple applications, designing/executing test plans for frontend, API, and DB changes, calling out testing bottlenecks before they occur, writing automated test scripts, and validating Production deployments.
In long, as a Software Quality Analyst, you are responsible to:
- Provide frontend and backend testing, validation, and sign-off for Production releases
- Define testing strategy/scope for different products, from the library of test suites down to the individual test cases
- Write detailed test plans that cover user story acceptance criteria and foreseeable edge cases
- Identify, document and prioritize defects and bugs, and work with the teams to investigate and resolve issues
- Participate in scrum ceremonies, design discussions, and test plan reviews
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
DriveTime is currently looking for a knowledgeable and motivated Software Quality Analyst/Engineer to join our team in Tempe, AZ. This is an exciting opportunity with a great deal of growth potential. The ideal candidate will have over 3 years of experience working in a similar role.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - the ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences.
- Detail-oriented. Okay we know it’s on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Team Orientation. You appropriately include others in decision making. You genuinely care about co-workers’ wellbeing and input and are interested in developing collaborative working relationships characterized by trust and mutual respect.
- Decisiveness. You’re able to make timely, informed decisions that take into account facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
- Outcome Orientation. You understand the “whys” behind tasks, and are able to achieve complex goals with a high level of autonomy.
- Strong agile tester with experience testing web and mobile application, API, and database changes
- Highly organized, self-directed, and accountable to timelines
- Experience with establishing cross-functional, collaborative relationships with business and technology partners
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Curious about technology and how our software works
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about continuous learning and growth
- Able to create intermediate or advanced SQL queries to create/manipulate test data
- Working understanding of POSTMAN or other API testing tools
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- Ample PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2019-28077