Senior Systems Engineer
What Drives You?
Career paths with opportunities to learn vital roles and skills?
Meaningful work in a stable, promote-from-within organization?
Professional satisfaction and helping others
A workspace that is dynamic, fast, fun, and challenging?
We share your drive.
DriveTime is more than a company. We’re a true team of strong, highly motivated performers that is committed to ensuring the success of each customer-and of each professional. If you have a real passion for continual learning and growth, are flexible enough to handle various roles, and feel compelled to do what you know is right, we may have an excellent opportunity for you.
As a Senior Systems Engineer on the team, you will support and monitor day-to-day IT operations primarily related to Networking, work to identify gaps in team knowledge, and mature processes and procedures. This requires strong troubleshooting and collaboration skills. You are expected to have seasoned technical abilities relating to Cisco Networking and Cloud technologies for this role. Skills and experience such as Palo Alto Firewalls, Public Cloud Network technologies, and Cisco Networking components such as Route/Switch/Wireless/ISE. There is immense opportunity here both technically and interpersonally, and the sky is the limit!
- Responsible for public and private cloud troubleshooting and maintenance
- Network Routing (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP), Switching, Wireless (Controller, Authentication, AP management), Identity and Access Control, Firewall (SSL Decryption, URL Filtering, VPN)
- Experience with Palo Alto Networks security and solutions
- Experience with Meraki SD-WAN solutions
- Experience with Public Cloud Networking technologies
- Proficiency with scripting and automation
- Coordinate with different teams to execute system patches, upgrades, and scheduled maintenance
- Works with Enterprise Architects and fellow Engineers to work on projects and tasks as needed
- Willingness and ability to learn and adapt to rapid change
Enjoy the Rewards and Benefits.
Money: Great competitive pay!
Benefits: Outstanding medical, dental and vision plans (After just 60 days)! 401K match too!
Schedule: Expect a consistent schedule that allows everyone to work with customers during peak times. On-call and scheduled after hours work is expected for this position.
Future: We’re a unique, highly respected, nationwide company with a strong culture of promoting from within. This isn’t a job. It’s a career.
Keys to success.
- Possess 5+ years of Network/System Engineering experience
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered
- Cisco-based certifications preferred
- Experience with Cisco technologies preferred
- Experience with Public Cloud Networking technologies - Microsoft ExpressRoute, Azure VNETs, MegaPort
- Experience with Palo Alto Networks Next-Gen Firewall technology a plus
- Experience with Network Automation preferred
- Works with minimal supervision
- Exhibits strong collaboration skills
- After hours and/or weekend work as required
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!