Senior SQL Database Engineer
- Information Technology
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Senior Database Engineer
DriveTime is the nation’s second largest used car retailer, focused on helping people find and finance used vehicles (trust us, it’s more exciting than it sounds). We have single-handedly rebuilt, retooled, redreamed and reconfigured the way people think about driving cars, breaking apart from the industry’s status quo. For more than 14 years, DriveTime has changed the auto world from the ground up while emphasizing values, morals and growth from the inside-out!
DriveTime’s goal is to take every customer on the full path to ownership. All the way from purchasing vehicles, inspecting and selling; to financing, servicing and warranties – when it comes to owning a vehicle - we know what’s up! As motivated as we are to take our customer on the path to ownership, we are just as focused on taking our employees on the path to owning their careers. Across the nation, from our home office and call centers to our 145 retail locations and 26 inspection centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a Senior Database Engineer, you will drive several exciting initiatives, help solve problems no matter how big or small, work on business-critical projects built around cutting-edge technologies, and convey strategy and accuracy to our top-level decision makers. We believe that our competitive advantage is based on accurate, reliable, and well architected data. We have a large multi company environment with many online transactional systems (on premise, cloud-hosted, etc.) creating vast amounts of data used to make strategic decisions.
- SQL Server 2016-2017, and eagerly awaiting 2019
- SQL Server Analysis Services 2016 (SSAS Multi-Dimensional and Tabular)
- ETL – (Informatica, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS))
- Tableau, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Power BI, Sharepoint
- Azure (SQL Data Warehouse, Cosmos, Mongo)
- Red-Gate Developer Bundle
In long, as a Senior Database Engineer, If you join us your day will consist of:
- Participate with the business to identify the most impactful opportunities.
- Collaborate and find simplified approaches to business complexities.
- Architect and model data structures to fulfill the technical needs of our business vision.
- Push the limits of SQL by working with the latest tech including NoSQL, Big Data, PolyBase, and JSON parsing.
- Build performant applications that help redefine how we do business -- and keep us ahead of our competitors.
- Utilize SSIS/Informatica to construct enterprise level ETL procedures
- Ensure designs include strategic analytical metrics for enhanced decision-making.
- Engage in design sessions, peer reviews, pattern/code reviews and team lunch and learns.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to junior/mid-level developers.
- And last-but-not-least…Join in team lunches, BBQs, and Top Golf to celebrate with team on meaningful business wins
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
Who We Need
Do you think in code? If you are a talented Senior Database Engineer who wants to join our team to make a real impact on the lives of our customers in a positive, respectful, agile, and fun environment, then we need you!
An ideal candidate has most of these skills:
- 5+ years of experience developing MS SQL Server 2008-2017 solutions, Azure SQL, or other relational databases.
- 3+ years of experience with an ETL tool such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) or Informatica.
- 3+ years of experience modeling transactional systems.
- Familiarity with performance tuning techniques such as indexing and analyzing query execution plans.
- Experience with agile development (Scrum, Kanban).
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- Ability to take ownership and facilitate consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Must be willing to collaborate and problem solve in an open team environment.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- Ample PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!
Need help finding the right job?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2019-27818