Senior Business Intelligence Developer
- Information Technology
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Senior Business Intelligence Developer
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 20 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 5,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a Senior Business Intelligence Developer, you will drive several exciting initiatives, help solve problems, no matter how big or small, work on business-critical projects built around cutting-edge technologies, and convey strategy and accuracy to our top-level decision makers.
We believe that our competitive advantage is based on accurate, reliable, and well architected data.? We have a large multi company environment with many online transactional systems (on premise, cloud-hosted, etc.)? creating vast amounts of data used to make strategic decisions.
In long, our Senior Business Intelligence Developer are responsible to:
- Participate with the business to identify the most impactful
- Collaborate and find simplified approaches to business complexities.
- Architect and model data structures to fulfill the technical needs of our business vision.
- Push the limits of SQL by working with the latest tech including Snowflake, PolyBase, and JSON parsing.
- Build performant tabular and multi-dimensional data models for self-service BI.
- Create a visual story with Tableau, Excel, or SSRS to inspire action and change behavior.
- Engage in design sessions, peer reviews, pattern/code reviews and team lunch-and-learns.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to junior/mid-level developers.
- And last-but-not-least… … Join in team lunches, BBQs, and Top Golf to celebrate with the team on meaningful business wins
Our Technology Stack
- SQL Server 2016-2017, and plans to upgrade to 2019
- SQL Server Analysis Services 2016 (SSAS) Multi-Dimensional and Tabular
- ETL – (Striim, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Informatica)
- Snowflake - (Azure, AWS)
- Tableau, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SharePoint
- Azure ML, Python
- Red-Gate Developer Bundle
- GitHub, Visual Studio DB Projects
An ideal candidate has most of these skills:
- 5+ years of experience developing MS SQL Server 2008-2019 solutions, Azure SQL, or other?cloud base data warehouses.
- 3+ years of experience in data warehouse architecture and modeling.
- 3+ years of experience with an ETL tool such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) or Informatica.
- Proficient in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) - multi-dimensional and/or tabular.
- Experience with Tableau, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Comprehension of relational and dimensional?modeling.
- Familiarity with performance tuning techniques such as indexing and analyzing query execution plans.
- Experience with agile development (Scrum, Kanban).
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems (CIS), or related field.
- Ability to take ownership and facilitate consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Must be willing to collaborate and problem solve in an open team environment.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- Ample PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!