Senior Analyst, Underwriting Analytics
- Business Unit
- 39510 LBJ Fwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Sr. Analyst, Underwriting Analytics
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as the Senior Analyst, Underwriting Analytics you will be responsible for utilizing business, industry, competitive, customer and technical knowledge to formulate, analyze and roll out a best-in-class underwriting strategy for DriveTime’s captive financing arm BridgeCrest.
In long, the Senior Analyst, Underwriting Analytics is responsible for:
- Performing insightful analysis on underwriting strategy, initiatives and policies, and then turning those insights into effective improvements and pivots.
- Being self-driven and able to take initiative to further the success of the business.
- Close co-operation and collaboration with other business units, in particular Underwriting Operations, to ensure successful implementations.
- Effectively communicating and influencing through concise insights and story telling to ensure buy-in from both senior management as well as other teams in the organization.
- Leveraging their strong SQL, Python and Excel skills to process, manipulate and understand large data sets.
- Understanding the overall DriveTime business model and how underwriting interacts with the rest of the business.
- Training and mentoring junior analysts to create a cohesive, high achieving unit with strong morale.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Rebel with a cause. You are always looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement.
- Passionate and goal-oriented. We are looking for someone that is enthusiastic about their work and is passionate about not only meeting their goals but exceeding them.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. An attitude and approach to thinking that actively seeks out change. You’ll need a mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Strategic thinker. We are looking for an individual that takes an insightful, future oriented, open-minded and proactive approach to thinking.
- Operate autonomously. This isn’t a “hold your hand” kind of role. We give you autonomy to be creative in your space and do your thing. We need an individual that is self-motivated to get the work done and get the work done well.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Friendly and tactful with the ability to influence others, effectively manage conflict, exercise sound judgment, effectively manage highly sensitive and confidential information, interact at all levels within the organization, and build cross-functional partnerships across the business.
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative field such as economics, finance, statistics or engineering.
- 3-5 years of experience in business, data analytics and predictive modelling.
- Demonstrated skill and extended experience with Excel.
- Ambition to learn or has demonstrated ability in SQL or Python.
- Strong statistical skills and experience focused on business decision making and problem solving.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, collaborative teamwork, intellectual horsepower, curiosity, initiative, and attention to detail.
- Experienced project manager able to lead multiple engagements simultaneously.
- Ability to simplify complexity and effectively share findings to a wide range of business and technical audiences with appropriate levels of detail and emphasis.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!