Senior Analyst, Strategic Risk
- Business Unit
- 39510 LBJ Fwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Senior Analyst, Strategic Risk
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. Across the nation, from our home office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as the Senior Analyst, Strategic Risk you will be responsible for leverage analysis of large datasets and strategic business acumen to formulate risk-based strategies and to execute financial and economic modeling of various business problems.
In long, the Senior Analyst, Strategic Risk is responsible for:
- Performing analysis on value-add strategies and evaluating customer segment and product performance; leveraging insights to optimize business development strategies.
- Supporting a holistic view across all business partners making recommendations on strategic business changes.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills in making recommendations to senior executives across DriveTime’s business segments.
- Constructing in-depth quantitative analysis by processing, manipulating, and studying large datasets by leveraging strong coding Excel skills and coding languages such as SQL, Snowflake, and R.
- Leveraging emerging technologies and critical thinking skills to continually innovate and automate existing methodologies, processes, and reporting.
- Designing, developing, testing, and implementing new products and solutions.
- Effectively communicating with concise insights and/or visualizations utilizing software such as Tableau while partnering collaboratively with colleagues and senior leaders in DriveTime.
- Being self-driven and able to take initiative to further the success of the business.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Agile in a fast-paced environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. Part of your job will be working in conjunction with various corporate groups to achieve corporate and ground goals.
- Operate autonomously. This isn’t a “hold your hand” kind of role. We give you autonomy to be creative in your space and do your thing. We need an individual that is self-motivated to get the work done and get the work done well.
- Passionate and goal-oriented. We are looking for someone that is enthusiastic about their work and is passionate about not only meeting their goals but exceeding them.
- Fantastic problem solver. Your job is not only to find the problem, but more importantly, find the solution.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative field such as economics, finance, statistics, engineering, computer information systems or hard science.
- 3+ years of experience in data, financial, and/or strategic analytics.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, collaborative teamwork, intellectual horsepower, curiosity, initiative, and attention to detail.
- Strong statistical skills and experience focused on business decision making and problem solving.
- Experienced project manager able to lead multiple engagements simultaneously.
- Demonstrated skill and extensive experience developing quantitative analysis in Excel.
- Ambition to learn coding languages & visualization tools such as SQL, Snowflake, R, Python, and Tableau
- Ability to simplify complexity and communicate statistical and analytical concepts and findings to executive, operational, and technical audiences with appropriate levels of detail and emphasis.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!