Senior Analyst, Loss Mitigation
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Senior Analyst, Loss Mitigation
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
At DriveTime, we do more than just sell used cars, we also finance them through our very own company Bridgecrest. Bridgecrest is one of the country’s leading financial services providers that services roughly $10 billion in finance receivables for DriveTime and other third parties. We service auto loans across a wide credit spectrum with the intent of creating a strong path to vehicle ownership for its customers.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a Senior Analyst of Loss Mitigation you will work for Bridgecrest to identify, quantify and validate operating and strategic initiatives for loss mitigation.
In long, our Senior Analyst of Loss Mitigation are responsible for:
- Formulating, developing and instituting business strategies to drive company profit.
- Partner closely with operations on strategy and communicating pilot results.
- Identifying, tracking and forecasting main drivers and transactions of the organization.
- Partner with operational leaders, business intelligence, and senior management to drive strategic initiatives.
- Utilize data to communicate research, findings, and recommend next steps for strategic and operational improvement.
- Develop loss mitigation strategies that increase customer performance in the vehicle, or optimize our speed to asset recovery and subsequent market value through wholesale channels.
- Develop and maintain dashboards, key performance indicators, and ad hoc reporting to help management and operations drive initiatives.
- Identify and implement third party data solutions to build automated decision engines and drive operational workflows.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Intellectual curiosity. Why? What? How? Do you find yourself always wanting to learn more and broaden your knowledge base? If so, this could be the role for you.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Master multi-tasker. We are looking for someone that is not only good at multi-tasking but thrives in it.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Killer analytical and reporting abilities. You’ll need the capability to analyze data and in return, prepare timely reports on your findings.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (Analytics, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field).
- 5+ years’ experience of financial or operational analysis preferred.
- 1+ years’ experience in loss mitigation, repossessions and remarketing
- Experience with A/B Testing, Experimental Design, and Economic/Financial Analysis.
- Advanced Excel skills.
Nice to Haves.
- Prior experience with customer behavior analytics
- Strong SQL, Snowflake, or related programming skills
- Prior experience with statistical software packages like R, MATLAB, etc.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!