- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Senior Accountant
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 20 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 5,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Lovely, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for understanding highly specialized accounting concepts required to maintain the general ledger, supporting subsidiary ledgers and ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). You will be responsible for preparation and recording of complex journal entries and schedules, highly involved in year-end budgeting process and assist in coordinating and supervision of the activities of the accounting staff. The supervisory role will include the review of complex issues and general reconciliations with an emphasis on the ability to manage the planning, performance, presentation and completion of special projects.
In long, our Senior Accounts are responsible for:
- Leading the month-end close process
- Reviewing and approve staff reconciliations and journal entries
- Preparing journal entries and reconciliations of complex schedules
- Performing budget to actual analysis and variance explanations
- Analyzing and report on profitability for business segments
- Performing monthly financial forecasts and develop budgets
- Assisting in preparation and communication of management reports
- Assisting in documentation of multifaceted accounting issues and conclusions thereon
- Reviewing and analyze inputs/outputs from significant accounting models
- Opening the lines of communication with Managers, Managing Directors of Accounting, and Upper Management
- Supporting external and internal auditors with quarterly reviews and annual audits
- Evaluating and improving upon existing accounting policies, reports and reconciliations
- Researching, analyzing and documenting conclusions on new accounting policies
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Killer analytical and reporting abilities. You’ll need the capability to analyze financial data and in return, prepare timely reports on your findings.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Collaborative contributor. You need the ability to coordinate and supervise staff while remaining an individual contributor to the team.
- Intellectual curiosity. Why? What? How? Do you find yourself always wanting to learn more and broaden your knowledge base? If so, this could be the role for you.
- Operate automatously. This isn’t a “hold your hand” kind of role. We give you autonomy to be creative in your space and do your thing. We need an individual that is self-motivated to get the work done and get the work done well.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- 3-4 years’ overall experience in accounting.
- Strong general understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Advanced Excel skills.
Nice to Haves.
- Licensed CPA.
- SQL experience.
- Account audit experience.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!