- Business Unit
- 100 Crescent Ct
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Risk Analyst
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
At DriveTime, we do more than just sell used cars, we also finance them through Bridgecrest. Bridgecrest is one of the country’s leading financial services providers that services roughly $10 billion in finance receivables for DriveTime and other third parties. We service auto loans across a wide credit spectrum with the intent of creating a strong path to vehicle ownership for its customers
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as the Risk Analyst you will be responsible for developing a new consumer Auto Lending product. You will leverage machine learning and artificial intelligence models to develop innovative pricing and risk product solutions. You will build new technical platforms that utilize a variety of FinTech products to develop an end-to-end Auto Loan Origination process. You will regularly meet with leadership to present analysis on results that includes overall profitability, unit-based econometrics and valuation, process flow optimization, and various other business topics as required.
In long, the Risk Pricing Analyst is responsible for:
- Building out reporting of various business processes and analysis
- Automating reporting and processes that drive business processes and decisions
- Constructing in-depth quantitative analysis by processing, manipulating, and studying large datasets by leveraging strong SQL, Python, and Excel skills
- Leveraging emerging technologies and critical thinking skills to continually innovate and automate existing methodologies, processes, and reporting. Design, develop, test, and implement new products and solutions.
- Effectively communicate with concise insights and/or visualizations utilizing software such as Tableau while partnering collaboratively with colleagues and senior leaders in the organization.
- Being self-driven and able to take initiative to further the success of the business.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Killer analytical and reporting abilities. You’ll need the capability to analyze data and in return, prepare timely reports on your findings.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Intellectual curiosity. Why? What? How? Do you find yourself always wanting to learn more and broaden your knowledge base? If so, this could be the role for you.
- Passionate and goal-oriented. We are looking for someone that is enthusiastic about their work and is passionate about not only meeting their goals but exceeding them.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as economics, finance, statistics, mathematics, engineering, or hard science.
- 0-2 Years of experience in business, data analytics and/or predictive modeling
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, collaborative teamwork, intellectual horsepower, curiosity, initiative, and attention to detail.
- Ambition to learn coding languages such as SQL, R, Java, or Python and any other as required.
- Strong statistical skills and experience focused on business decision making and problem solving.
- Ability to communicate results to multiple audiences
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!