Regulatory Enforcement Counsel
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as Regulatory Enforcement Counsel you will work on a dedicated team of legal and compliance professionals serving our company and its diverse legal needs. You will: (1) support a broad range of internal and external inquiries and regulatory enforcement matters originated by various government agencies supervising our industries, (2) engage directly with our supervising regulators, and (3) provide advice regarding potential regulatory risk and strategy to the company. We expect engaged, energetic and high-quality client service and support. To be successful here, you need to be results oriented, dedicated to constantly learning, and continuously improving yourself and others.
Regulatory Enforcement Counsel is responsible for:
- Research and analysis of legal and regulatory matters applicable to our diverse operations
- Representing the company before and crafting responses to government agencies and regulators, and in connection with regulatory examinations, investigations, and inquiries
- Consulting with and advising business leaders in areas related to regulatory enforcement
- Overseeing responses to agency complaints, attorney letters, and subpoenas
- Providing support on internal and external audit matters
- Keeping informed of industry-specific regulations and ensuring that appropriate risk management strategies are in place
Advising the company on and managing outside counsel for ongoing regulatory and legal issues
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Constant Learner. You are always willing and looking to expand your knowledge and grow intellectually.
- Quality decision maker. Good decisions are made based on knowledge. We’ll need you to gather all the facts and take them all into consideration when making decisions.
- Rebel with a cause. You are always looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement.
- Master of multi-tasking. We are looking for someone that can handle multiple matters at once and feels comfortable juggling the work load.
- Comfortable being uncomfortable. You will need the ability to get out of your comfort zone to expand your skillset.
- Licensed attorney with 5+ years’ experience handling regulatory enforcement matters
- Experience working at or with governmental regulators or regulatory entities
- Experience with national law firm preferred, but not required
- General legal experience in connection with regulatory supervision, examinations, investigations and inquiries
- Client service focused with an excellent track record in previous client support
Nice to have.
- Experience in highly regulated industries and consumer regulatory laws
- Experience with consumer financial services and regulatory enforcement
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted one of the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- Generous PTO and Holiday Policy. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!