DriveTime Needs a Regulatory Counsel
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona and Dallas, Texas DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
As the Regulatory Counsel you will work on a dedicated team of legal professionals providing a wide array of legal and regulatory services to support GoFi. GoFi is an AI-centric, licensed auto finance company built for a digital-first world. Built upon an entirely cloud based infrastructure, GoFi provides a highly scalable next-gen lending platform that enables the best brands to deliver the best customer experience.
As a leader, mentor and role model, you will help a start-up fintech build out its Compliance Management System, develop new products and grow its business responsibly and sustainably. You will also demonstrate leadership attributes, technical skills and the ability to communicate complex rules and regulations in a practical manner to the business units of the company and executive management. This is your chance to help build a business from the ground up.
In long, our Regulatory Counsel is responsible for:
- Demonstrating strong technical skills; knowledge of business processes and related risks.
- Assisting in the establishment of corporate strategies, policies and procedures that align with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Consulting with and advising business leaders in all areas of legal and compliance risk.
- Assisting in the design, implementation and management of a Compliance Management System.
- Proactively identifying and responding to the business unit’s legal and compliance needs.
- Identifying areas of risk, potential weaknesses and opportunities to improve compliance across the organization.
- Keeping informed of industry-specific regulations and ensuring that appropriate risk management strategies are in place.
- Advising the company on and managing outside counsel for ongoing business and legal issues.
- Demonstrating effective project and time management skills.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know "detail-oriented" is on about every job description - but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize then re-prioritize again.
- Constant Learner. You are always willing and looking to expand your knowledge and grow intellectually.
- Quality decision maker. Good decisions are made based on knowledge. We’ll need you to gather all the facts and take them all into consideration when making decisions.
- Rebel with a cause. You are always looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement.
- Master of multi-tasking. We are looking for someone that can handle multiple cases at once and feels comfortable juggling the work load.
- Comfortable being uncomfortable. You will need the ability to get out of your comfort zone to expand your skillset.
- 7+ years of regulatory legal experience in an in-house legal department or with a law firm.
- Experience with consumer finance litigation and regulatory enforcement.
- Experience with regulatory supervision, examinations, investigations and inquiries.
Nice to have.
- Experience in the auto finance industry
- Compliance risk management experience effectively challenging the first line business execution of compliance related matters
- Experience designing and implementing compliance control plans, monitoring and testing, managing and remediating compliance related issues.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. GoFi builds off of DriveTime’s culture to offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and GoFi is making sure it won’t be slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. We pay a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break - no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. We are building a business from the ground up, which means lots of opportunities for our team members to grow with our business and own their own careers!
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!