Regional Director, Retail Sales
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. Across the nation, from our home office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a Regional Director, you will oversee sales and operations for our dealerships in the California market. You will ensure healthy function while honoring DriveTime’s culture and adhering to our core values. You will develop and inspire the teams at each dealership to work together and continue to find ways to advance business goals. This position can be worked from any location/city in California.
In long, our Regional Director, Retail Sales is responsible for:
- Translates company strategies into actionable divisional plans and executes successful delivery.
- Works cross-divisionally to drive execution of specific divisional and company strategies, initiatives, and projects.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods, and practices to promote DriveTime key messages.
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
- Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Provides coaching, direction, and leadership support to employees to achieve department, company, and customer results.
- Establishes and maintains visibility within the department/division/region.
- Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances, and issues, and takes appropriate action.
- Manages regional store teams and monitors KPIs that measure regional plan effectiveness and adjustments as necessary.
- Attracts, recruits, trains, and develops diverse top talent at all levels that reflects the community, customers, and potential new customers within each region.
- Aligns with other Regional Directors, to ensure consistency in quality and best practices for the customer and employee experience.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Ability to travel as required
- Bachelor’s degree with four+ years of multi-unit management experience and seven+ years with full P&L experience preferred; equivalent education and experience combination will be considered.
- Demonstrated results-oriented leadership including the ability to model total development and serve as a steward of DriveTime's mission and values.
- Financial analysis skills sufficient to interpret operating statements and other financial reporting data, manage budgets, and control inventory.
- Demonstrated ability to produce desired results by leveraging resources, maintaining tough expense control, managing merchandise effectively, and setting clear expectations.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and leadership skills including a willingness to consistently provide superior customer service, the ability to react appropriately under pressure, the ability to apply good judgment in ambiguous situations, and demonstrated flexibility/adaptability.
- Ability to effectively work in collaboration with others to achieve objectives in a participative management style.
- Outstanding verbal, written and technical communication abilities.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break - no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!