Reconditioning Center Operations Manager - 1st Shift
- Reconditioning Center Leadership
- Business Unit
- Reconditioning Center
- 5707 Transport Dr
- Postal Code
What's under the hood:
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 120 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
In short, the Reconditioning Center Operations Manager is responsible for assisting in the management of all aspects of the Reconditioning Center; including bottom line management, workflow, performance management, and quality assurance resolution. The Operations Manager must be able to meet goals and make sure that all vehicles purchased at auction meet our standards and are able to come with the 3 year/36,000 mile warranty we supply our customers before they are sent to our retail stores for final sale.
In long, the Reconditioning Center Operations Manager is responsible for:
- Ensure the dealerships are constantly supplied with a sufficient variety of high quality vehicles to meet their sales demand.
- Achieve bottom line management objectives through the effective management of the Inspection Center team, operating expenses, efficiency, quality, and productivity.
- Work with regional management and buyer team to establish supply chain goals.
- Complete recruiting, screening, and hiring of the Inspection Center team members using methods designed to reduce turnover and improve performance.
- Hold regularly scheduled meetings with all Inspection Center staff.
- Ensure Team Leads are effectively training and developing their direct reports.
- Evaluate Inspection Center team performance and give feedback constantly, regularly, and in a timely manner based on both observations of performance, behavior, and a review of performance statistics.
- Assist in the completion and conduct of performance evaluations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Agile in a fast-paced environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Management material. We are looking for someone that can lead, manage and grow within our organization.
- We don’t believe in being “fashionably late”. You’ll need to adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, college degree in business or vocational/technical school preferred.
- 2+ years ‘management experience
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively manage and work with all levels of employees and customers, and work in conjunction with various corporate groups to achieve corporate and ground goals.
- Valid driver's license, good driving record.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education which fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered
Nice to Haves.
- 5-7 years total automotive repair experience
- Supply chain management
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- Sundays off. We’re closed to give our employees valued time with family and friends.
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- No customers. You do, what you do best – fix cars and work as a team.
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within with over 1,000 employees promoted last year.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.