Project Management Internship
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
What’s under the hood:
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
Alright I’m hooked. So What’s the Job?
Our Project Management Internship will allow you to work alongside the Assistant Director of Project Management, where you will oversee and manage projects for the organization!?
You’ll build real-world experience working on the following:
- Monitoring the daily progress of projects
- Participate in project design meetings and propose improvements if necessary
- Providing detailed updates to project managers or other stakeholders
- Ensuring team members have the supplies and resources they need to complete their assigned tasks on time and within their budget limits
- Organizing reports, invoices, contracts, and other financial files for easy access
- Planningmeetings and organizing project logistics
- Our internship program will be 11 weeks
- Internships will be based out of our Home Office in Tempe, AZ
- You can expect a regular schedule Monday-Friday, 25-30 hours per week
What do you need??
- You are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- You are currently in your Junior or Senior year
- You have the ability to communicate confidently and effectively about creation of a process
- You’re superb with organizing tasks and managing time during academic projects
- You have a base level understanding of information technology and are eager to learn more
- You’re someone who others look to for problem solving
- You’re positive attitude is infectious, even during high stress situations
- You are concentrating with the major(s) of Computer Science, Project Management or Business (Interest or experience within information technology is a plus!)
- You’re studying and working hard and have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- You play well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- You are a critical thinker. We need folks that don’t simply accept all arguments and conclusions but rather have an attitude involving questioning arguments and conclusions.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma, and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
So What About the Perks?? Perks matter.
- Remote Work: Not an office person? This position gives you the option to work fully remote.
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers! Our goal is have a career waiting for you after your summer internship with DriveTime! Last year, 64% of our Interns stayed onboard after the program after the summer!
- If you are an office person:
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- In-House Gym. We want our people to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer an In-house gym for you to use anytime!
Along with gaining hands-on industry experience in your field, you will have the opportunity in the summer months to be a part of an 11 week internship program. During this program you can expect to:
- Participate in a volunteer project with the local community
- Gain a deeper understanding of our business model and where you fit in via local site tours and various department overviews
- Attend Friday workshops facilitated by our Executive Leadership team covering topics such as: time management, compliance, personal branding, leadership & more!
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.