- Information Technology
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Product Owner
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers, and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customers, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In Short, as a Product Owner for the Business Intelligence and Application Development groups at DriveTime, you’ll be responsible for the communication, coordination, planning, and delivery of projects that flow through the team. You will work with a wide variety of business and IT stakeholders to help the team achieve their technology goals in an organized and timely manner.
In long, our Product Owners are responsible for:
- Acting as a liaison between business and development team to help clarify requests.
- Working with tech leads to create short/long term project plans including milestones and phases
- Managing and organizing project boards
- Working with business and tech leads to document/flesh out up next projects
- Ensuring business value and high-level scope are clearly defined
- Serving as a gatekeeper for high-level requirements
- Obtaining consensus on project scope through conversations with business stakeholders and tech leads
- Organizing and collecting business/technical requirements
- Managing project plan execution
- Looking for execution efficiencies and adjusting timelines and targets as needed
- Providing frequent communication to business on project status
- Helping test solutions to ensure they meet business expectations
- Serving as a point of contact for projects involving multiple units to ensure efficient cross-team coordination
- Setting up project Demos with business stakeholders
- Holding postmortems (retros) to evaluate lessons learned
- Bachelor’s degree required, bachelor’s degree in business or MBA preferred
- 2+ years of Product Analyst or relevant experience in a fast-paced business environment
- High-level knowledge of various project management methodologies (i.e. agile/scrum)
- Experience in capturing and articulating business requirements to agile development teams
- Basic understanding of writing SQL queries (T-SQL and/or SnowSQL)
- Experience using Microsoft product suite: Word, Excel, Visio, Project (Or other various project management tools such as monday.com or Jira)
- Experience working with Business Intelligence teams is a plus!
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent, and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, and a pool table if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings, and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!