- Information Technology
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime is the nation’s second largest used car retailer, focused on helping people find and finance used vehicles. We have single-handedly rebuilt, retooled, redreamed and reconfigured the way people think about buying cars, breaking apart from the industry’s status quo. For more than 14 years, DriveTime has changed the auto world from the ground up while emphasizing values, morals and growth from the inside-out!
DriveTime’s goal is to take every customer on the full path to ownership. All the way from purchasing vehicles, inspecting and selling; to financing, servicing and warranties – when it comes to owning a vehicle - we know what’s up! As motivated as we are to take our customer on the path to ownership, we are just as focused on taking our employees on the path to owning their careers. Across the nation, from our home office and call centers to our 138 retail locations and 20 inspection centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
In short, as an Inventory Product Manager you own and drive all phases of the product life cycle from ideation to deployment and measurement. You will partner with cross-functional teams to improve our foundational enterprise processes and systems used to manage vehicle acquisition, reconditioning, and distribution prior to consumer sale. You’ll lead the identification and valuation of opportunities and problems, assist in mitigating risks in our supply chain, and lead the implementation of strategic initiatives. All along the way you’re communicating and aligning product development with business stakeholders and ensuring the strategy and roadmaps align with the organization’s goals.
In long, our Inventory Product Managers are responsible for:
- Product vision and ownership of the product life cycle including taking projects from ideation to innovation; performing gap analysis, leading project valuation, defining business requirements, launch planning, and product adoption assessments
- Proposing roadmap strategies, tradeoff/risk assessments, and owning project definition
- Owning feature creation and delivery to IT, while building a prioritized feature backlog
- Facilitating and leading discussions with IT, business users, analytics, and vendors to define business requirements and acceptance criteria to ensure efforts are focused on critical needs
- Researching, compiling, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative information to conclude and communication well-reasoned decisions
- Establishing schedules, guidelines, and procedures and determining the most effective way to deliver a complete solution to an identified problem
- Proposing different solutions for the same problem, situation, or workflow using your knowledge of business and system-level personas
- Analyzing whether to buy, build, or partner to complete the solution to solve business problems
- Organizing multiple projects at one time that span multiple business units
- 2+ years of Product Management or Product Ownership experience
- 4+ years of experience in any combination of business operations, Product Management, Product Owner, or Business Analysis roles
- Bachelor degree required, bachelor degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Management Information Systems, Operations Research, or MBA preferred
- Demonstrate experience in developing product roadmaps
- Demonstrate advanced problem solving skills
- Demonstrate proficiency and experience in supply chain or logistics functions