Product Manager - Inventory Optimization
- Retail Support
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Product Manager – Inventory Optimization
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 20 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 5,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a Product Manager – Inventory Optimization you drive and participate in all phases of the product life cycle from ideation to deployment of technology resulting in business process improvement. All along the way you’re communicating and aligning product development with business stakeholders and ensuring the strategy and roadmaps align with the organization’s goals.
In long, our Product Manager – Inventory Optimization are responsible for:
- True ownership over the entire product life cycle including ideation, gap analysis, cost benefit analysis, product launch plans, and results measurement
- Owning the product vision and initiating the product road map, articulating the features that feed the roadmap
- Overseeing Product Analysts and their areas of focus in supporting the product roadmap
- Performing gap analysis on the technical and operational considerations for new product development
- Establishing schedules, guidelines, and procedures and determining the most effective way to deliver a complete solution to an identified problem
- Proposing different solutions for the same problem, situation, or workflow using your knowledge of business and system-level personas
- Analyzing whether to buy, build, or partner to complete the solution to solve the business problem
- Owning software vendor assessment and relationships to support business goals.
- Managing Feature and Backlog to maximize the value of the product.
- Contribute to process optimization, support research of current and future state processes using business process mapping techniques while helping define and optimize how relevant business information flows throughout the enterprise.
- Working with business owners and development teams to analyze, prioritize, and organize business requirements to ensure efforts focus on the most critical needs.
- Defining business requirements by partnering with internal and external stakeholders
- Facilitating and leading discussions with technology teams and business users to define business requirements and acceptance criteria
- Communicating the vision and goals for a project, and support the development team through the achievement of those goals
- Overseeing product launch, beta program and overall adoption of the new product
- Conducting meetings with all business levels to communicate new initiatives, features and rollout of new products and services
- Drive collaboration to ensure success criteria are measured and results are socialized to key stakeholders
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Friendly and tactful with the ability to influence others, effectively manage conflict, exercise sound judgment, effectively manage highly sensitive and confidential information, interact at all levels within the organization, and build cross-functional partnerships across the business
- Rebel with a cause. You are always looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement.
- Takes a hold of the wheel. You’ll need to take the initiative and be comfortable doing so.
- 2+ years of software Product Management or Product Ownership experience in an Agile methodology
- 4+ years of experience in any combination of business operations, Product Management, Product Owner, or Business Analysis roles
- Demonstrated experience in process optimization, process improvement, transformation, or supply chain management
- Bachelor degree preferred, bachelor degree in business or MBA preferred
- Demonstrated experience in creating and maintaining product roadmaps
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!