- Information Technology
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
At DriveTime, we do more than just sell used cars, we also offer warranties and ancillary products through SilverRock. SilverRock has issued over 700,000 service contracts, GAP products, and warranties and paid more than $300 million in claims… and not slowing down anytime soon!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a Product Analyst you will be an integral player in product launches across multiple business segments through working with business owners to identify gaps and propose operational and technical solutions that align with company strategies. You will communicate process flows and user scenarios to both technical and non-technical team members. In this role you will also prepare product research, ROI analysis and summary presentations to leadership teams used to determine the best product solutions.
In long, our Product Analysts are responsible for:
- Providing visibility to all stakeholders through product research findings, gap analysis, summaries, and solution proposals
- Business acumen of multiple products and operational processes
- In-depth gap analysis of business processes and systems
- Providing different perspectives and follow-up questions to strengthen understanding
- Considering operational impacts to other departments when proposing solutions
- Working with business owners, end-users, and customers to understand business needs and help clarify requests
- Gathering business requirements from conversations with internal and external stakeholders
- Identifying potential business impacts and risks.
- Providing in-depth gap analysis by documenting current and potential process flows.
- Ensuring requirements align with company goals and the product roadmap
- Documenting requirements for signoff and handoff to development teams
- Facilitating discussions with technology teams and business users on acceptance criteria
- Helping launch products through project planning, management, training, and metric follow up
- Keeping all stakeholders up-to-speed and on the same page with clear and frequent communication
- Communicating across technical, business, and analytical channels
- Being a team player in external vendor partnerships
- Supporting vendor research and assessment
- Offering specialized expertise throughout project lifecycles
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences including management.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Works well in a time crunch. There will be multiple time sensitive requirements and you’ll need the ability to meet deliverable due dates.
- Fantastic problem solver. You’ll need to ask the right questions and put pieces of the puzzle together between business and development teams.
- Passionate and goal-oriented. We are looking for someone that is enthusiastic about their work and is passionate about not only meeting their goals but exceeding them.
- Bachelor’s degree required, bachelor’s degree in business or MBA preferred
- 2+ years of Product Analyst or relevant experience in fast paced business environment
- Experience in capturing and articulating system requirements agile development teams
- Basic ability to query SQL databases
- Experience using Microsoft product suite: Word, Excel, Visio
- Project management experience spanning multiple projects at one time
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Company by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!