Principal Systems Engineer
- Information Technology
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
What Drives You?
- Career paths with opportunities to learn vital roles and skills?
- Meaningful work in a stable, promote-from-within organization?
- Professional satisfaction and helping others
- A workspace that is dynamic, fast, fun, and challenging?
We share your drive.
DriveTime is more than a company. We’re a true team of strong, highly motivated performers that is committed to ensuring the success of each customer—and of each professional. If you have a real passion for continual learning and growth, are flexible enough to handle various roles, and feel compelled to do what you know is right, we may have an excellent opportunity for you.
As a Principal Systems Engineer on the team, you will drive further adoption of Public Cloud, and build out continual operational support. This requires strong technical, troubleshooting, and collaboration skills. You are expected to have a broad experience relating to Public Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP), Infrastructure-as-code, and Automation technologies. Skills and experience with Infrastructure Operations and DevOps methodologies, in both Public and Private Clouds is expected. There is immense opportunity here both technically and interpersonally, and the sky is the limit!
- Responsible for public and private cloud troubleshooting and maintenance
- Responsible for IaaS implementation and cloud migrations
- Experience in PaaS services such as App Service, AKS, Cosmos DB, Functions, etc
- Experience with orchestration/automation platforms and tools (Morpheus, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, etc.)
- Help define and drive automation/orchestration best practices for cloud-based workloads
- Coordination with teams to execute maintenance
- Administration of Microsoft platforms on a regular basis, including Azure AD, DNS, and Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
- Works with Enterprise Architects and fellow Engineers to work on projects and tasks as needed
- Willingness and ability to learn and adapt to rapid change
Keys to success.
- Possess 5+ years of Infrastructure Operations experience
- 5+ years of experience designing, building, and deploying cloud based solutions in Azure
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered
- Experience with Virtualization technologies
- Works with minimal supervision
- Exhibits strong collaboration skills
After hours and/or weekend work as required
Enjoy the Rewards and Benefits.
Money: Great competitive pay!
Benefits: Outstanding medical, dental and vision plans (After just 60 days)! Work From Home flexibility! 401K match too!
Schedule: Expect a consistent schedule that allows everyone to work with customers during peak times. On-call and scheduled after hours work is expected for this position.
Future: We’re a unique, highly respected, nationwide company with a strong culture of promoting from within. This isn’t a job. It’s a career.