Philanthropy & Human Services Internship
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
What’s under the hood:
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 120+ dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
Alright I'm hooked. So What’s the Job?
As a Philanthropy & Human Services Intern, you will be a part of DriveTime's philantropic and community outreach efforts!
You will be involved in multiple existing projects and the testing of new pilots with a vision to provide immediate support and essential services to our neighbors and surrounding communities.
In long, a few projects and partners you may be involved in:
- General human services and healthcare (i.e. AHCCCS)
- Wildfire Benefits Assistance Technology
- Human Services Technology Collaborative – how to use apps and tech to better organize human services
- AZ Housing Coalition Workgroup
- From the Ground Up
- Handle with Care
Along with hands-on industry experience, you will:
- Participate in a volunteer project with the local community.
- Tour our Reconditioning Centers, Dealerships, Operations Centers.
- Attend Friday workshops with our Executive Leaders covering topics such as time management, compliance, personal branding, leadership & more!
- Join in on the company culture & fun including our Virtual Reality room, onsite full-sized gym, a decked out game room, and team outings.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- In-House Gym. We want our people to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer an In-house gym for you to use anytime!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers! Our goal is to have a career waiting for you after your summer internship with DriveTime! Last year, 64% of our Interns stayed onboard after the program after the summer!
- Our internship program will be 11 weeks starting on May 24th to August 6th
- Internships will be based out of our Home Office in Tempe, AZ
- You can expect a regular schedule Monday-Friday, 25-30 hours per week
What do you need?
- You are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- You are currently in your Sopohmore, Junior, or Senior year
- Degree Type: Communications, Business, Arts, General Studies
- You’re studying and working hard and have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
Hiring is contingent upon the successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.