- HR Support
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Payroll Coordinator
DriveTime is the nation’s second largest used car retailer, focused on helping people find and finance used vehicles (trust us, it’s more exciting than it sounds). We have single-handedly rebuilt, retooled, redreamed and reconfigured the way people think about buying cars, breaking apart from the industry’s status quo. For more than 17 years, DriveTime has changed the auto world from the ground up while emphasizing values, morals and growth from the inside-out!
DriveTime’s goal is to take every customer on the full path to ownership. All the way from purchasing vehicles, inspecting and selling; to financing, servicing and warranties – when it comes to owning a vehicle - we know what’s up! As motivated as we are to take our customer on the path to ownership, we are just as focused on taking our employees on the path to owning their careers. Across the nation, from our home office and call centers to our 138 retail locations and 20 inspection centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as the Payroll Coordinator you will be responsible for preparing and processing data for multiple companies in multiple states using UltiPro payroll system.
In long, the Payroll Coordinator is responsible for:
- Run daily, weekly, and monthly reports
- Review and audit incoming employee data from Self Service and Onboarding systems
- Respond to questions, research discrepancies, and resolve pay issues
- Calculate retroactive pay adjustments
- Verify and audit information prior to payroll transmission
- Process manual checks when necessary
- Answer help-desk tickets
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Operate autonomously. This isn’t a “hold your hand” kind of role. We give you autonomy to be creative in your space and do your thing. We need an individual that is self-motivated to get the work done and get the work done well.
- Master of multi-tasking. We are looking for someone that can handle multiple tasks at once and feels comfortable juggling the work load.
- Agile in a fast-paced environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Servant mentality. DriveTime is here to serve our external and internal clients always providing an exceptional experience.
- Bachelor degree preferred
- 1-2 years of payroll experience required; payroll tax knowledge desired
- Moderate to advanced Microsoft Excel experience
- Basic knowledge of multi state payroll laws
- Experience working in multiple systems in a high volume environment
- Must have experience with and demonstrate superb customer service with an emphasis on phone skills
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered
Nice to Haves.
- Experience with UltiPro, WorkDay or SAP
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 11 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!