Operations Analyst II
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs an Operations Analyst II
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as an Operations Analyst you will be assisting in the Company’s workforce management, key performance indicators, operating plan variance analysis and special projects. You will provide consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects requested by senior management.
In long, our Financial Analyst are responsible for:
- Analyzing current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
- Monitoring performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Overseeing and managing the continued development of Budgeting, Key Performance Indicators, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
- Implementing and working with a Business Intelligence Tool and Dashboard reports
- Improving performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI
- Developing operations models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Analyzing complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis
- Preparing presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management Team
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including business leaders.
- Killer analytical and reporting abilities. You’ll need the capability to analyze financial data and in return, prepare timely reports on your findings.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Intellectual curiosity. Why? What? How? Do you find yourself always wanting to learn more and broaden your knowledge base? If so, this could be the role for you.
- Operate automatously. This isn’t a “hold your hand” kind of role. We give you autonomy to be creative in your space and do your thing. We need an individual that is self-motivated to get the work done and get the work done well.
- Works well in a time crunch. There will be multiple time sensitive requirements and you’ll need the ability to meet deliverable due dates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3+ years of experience in operations and/or financial analysis is preferred.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of business and cost drivers, financial statement analysis and forecasting, and deep-dive analysis
- Experience communicating results to business leaders.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!