Mechanical Team Lead
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, we have more than 120+ dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation.
Our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms.
With over 25 years of industry experience and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
That’s Nice, But What Does a Team Lead do?
In short, as a Team Lead, you will supervise and motivate a team of Technicians, Cosmetic Associates, and/or Detailers by reviewing their reconditioning repair work completed on inventory vehicles in preparation for delivery to dealerships. Our reconditioning process includes identification of mechanical and cosmetic problems, and completion of repairs to correct identified problems.
In long, the Team Lead will:
- Manage the movement of cars into and out of the Reconditioning Center safely for repairs, while meeting or exceeding set production and quality goals.
- Review and identify mechanical and/or cosmetic defects of incoming inventory.
- Mentor and train a team of technicians, cosmetic repair technicians, or detailers to complete tasks effectively, minimizing re-checks and delays in production.
- Meet or exceed inventory production goals on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Participate in both Inspection and Repair procedures to maximize efficiencies and decision making processes.
- Work in ways to decrease the possibility of injury to yourself or other team members in the shop due to spills or other preventable hazardous conditions.
- Portraying a positive image of DriveTime and actively participate in the creation of a positive, professional work environment.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- Consistent Work Schedule with a Great Work/Life Balance. We’re closed Sunday's to give our employees valued time with family and friends.
- Full Benefits. 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- No customers. You do, what you do best - fix cars and work as a team.
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within with over 1,000 employees promoted last year.
- Company driver. Team Leaders are allowed to have a company driver
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!