- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs an Accounting Manager
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 20 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 5,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. Across the nation, from our home office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as the Accounting Manager, you will oversee all functions and projects related to accounting operations of a business segment, including supervision and training of reporting personnel. You will be responsible for understanding highly specialized accounting concepts required to maintain the general ledger and supporting subsidiary ledgers and ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Working under the direction of the Director of Accounting, as the Accounting Manager you will assist in coordinating the accounting activities including review of complex issues and general reconciliations coupled with an emphasis on the ability to manage the planning, performance, presentation and completion of special projects. This position will also have regular, direct interactions with individuals on the operational side of the business.
In long, our Accounting Managers are responsible for:
- Performing budget to actual analysis and variance explanation
- Managing General Ledger for full cycle accounting
- Analyzing and reporting on profitability for business segments
- Assisting in preparation and communication of management reports
- Supporting the development and research of accounting policies and procedures
- Reviewing and analyzing inputs/outputs from significant accounting processes
- Managing staff through reviewing and approving reconciliations and journal entries
- Opening lines of communication with Director of Accounting, CAO and CFO
- Supporting external and internal auditors with quarterly reviews and annual audits
- Evaluating and improving upon existing accounting policies, reports and reconciliations
- Researching, analyzing and documenting conclusions on new accounting policies
- Ensuring all business unit requests, questions and ad-hoc issues are handled in a timely, professional manner
- Continuously developing audit process improvements
- Ensuring the accurate and timely process of all transactions
- Challenging practices and continue to develop new, increasingly efficient processes for the accounting operations functions
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Killer analytical and reporting abilities. You’ll need the capability to analyze data and in return, prepare timely reports on your findings.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Collaborative contributor. You need the ability to coordinate and supervise staff while remaining an individual contributor to the team.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting (licensed CPA preferred)
- 5+ years overall experience in accounting
- Experience in an accounting leadership position or other management experience
- Prior GL experience or heavy public accounting experience
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to develop and communicate accounting policies and procedures
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!