Machine Learning Engineer
- Business Unit
- 5430 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Data Scientist
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona and Dallas, TX, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. Across the nation, from our home office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a Data Scientist you will design, develop and implement analytical solutions to support multiple products, business units and verticals.
In long, the Data Scientist is responsible for:
- Work with business partners to define objectives and build appropriate analytical solutions
- Partner with business customers to manage data for modeling and analytics
- Partner with Machine Learning Engineers in development and implementation of models
- Present results of analysis to leaders and colleagues
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Intellectual curiosity. Why? What? How? Do you find yourself always wanting to learn more and broaden your knowledge base? If so, this could be the role for you.
- Agile in a fast-paced environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Rebel with a cause. You are always looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or related discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- 1-3 Years of Experience Working in a Data Scientist or Statistician Role
- Demonstrated experience in Python, R, Julia or other analytical software
- Experience in RMDBS and Big Data environments such as Snowflake.
- Ability to develop, understand and interpret results of statistical learning/machine learning techniques
- Experience with Linux, git/version control. Build/release pipelines a plus
- Experience leveraging MLOps methodology in Azure, AWS or GCP. Cloud certifications is a plus
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!