DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, we have more than 130+ dealerships, 3 operations centers and 16 reconditioning centers across the nation. Our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, our Lot Technician is responsible for inventory operations to include vehicle maintenance, vehicle cleanliness, vehicle merchandising, vehicle transportation, vendor relationships plus lot and building image.
In long, our Lot Tech is responsible for:
- Conduct routine vehicle inventory which includes front-line inventory, trade-ins, lot drops, and lot repairs
- Ensure inventory is properly merchandised and displayed for maximum customer appeal
- Ensure each vehicle is inspected weekly for mechanical, drivability or cosmetic concerns
- Wash and vacuum all inventory on a regular rotating basis
- Maintain internal and external dealership image to provide a clean, crisp, and inviting environment for DriveTime customers
- Perform dealer trades to neighboring DriveTime dealerships
- Complete multi-point inspection on arriving inventory to include fuel level, safety features, drivability test and proper display of all company and state disclosures
- Maintain positive relationships with external repair and supply vendors
- Coordinate with Retail, Central Inventory, and Inspection Center team members on other responsibilities necessary to meet the responsibilities of the position
- Review processes and make recommendations as needed
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- Tuition Reimbursement. We encourage growth and development, not only in your career with us but also your formal education.
- 11 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off? This also increases with tenure.
- Benefits like 401(k), and health care options.
- Wellness Program. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. Over 80% of our current leadership has developed internally.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Agile in a fast-pace environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together to win together.
- Timely. We don’t believe in being "fashionably late". You’ll need to adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
- Self-driven yet selfless. We need someone capable of managing their own time, yet is capable of making decisions for the betterment of DriveTime, not just themselves.
- Passionate and goal-oriented. We are looking for someone that is enthusiastic about their work and is passionate about not only meeting their goals but exceeding them.
- Collaborator. Part of your job will be working in conjunction with various corporate groups to achieve corporate and ground goals.
- At least 18 years of age
- High School or GED
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!