Loss Mitigation Manager
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 20 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 5,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
Bridgecrest, the finance side of the business, is part of the DriveTime family. We’re a true team of strong, highly motivated performers that is committed to ensuring the success of each customer-and of each professional. If you have a real passion for continual learning and growth, are flexible enough to handle various roles, and feel compelled to do what you know is right, we may have an excellent opportunity for you.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, the Loss Mitigation Manager’s primary responsibility is to work closely with the Loss Mitigation Coordinators within assigned teams to ensure expected results and objectives are achieved.
- Manage Total Loss team’s performance through monitoring timeliness, accuracy, and quantity of work.
- Monitors and reviews work of team members to ensure it is effective and within Company and Legal policy. This includes using tools such as formal account reviews and side-by-side monitoring in order to create development plans for their staff to address any deficiencies.
- Administers continuous training and coaching to ensure quality customer service.
- Provides proactive leadership to the team to achieve maximum performance and continued individual development and succession planning across the department.
- Maintain role as point of contact for internal and external business partners and open communication for optimal performance.
- Create and maintain a culture of positive change management for the Total Loss team towards the goal of being best in class as a Total Loss department.
- Provides consistent updates on outstanding items and analyzes performance trends.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Love of listening. We need folks that listen with the intent to understand, not just reply.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Self-driven yet selfless. We need someone capable of managing their own time and business, yet is capable of making decisions for the betterment of DriveTime, not just themselves.
- Fantastic problem solver. Your job is not only to find the problem, but more importantly, find the solution.
- Management material. We are looking for someone that can lead, manage and grow within our organization
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to create strong, professional relationships with customers, vendors, and employees.
- Knowledge of general total loss process and/or insurance industry and terminology preferred
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and decision quality skills.
- Highly organized and self-motivated individual.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of big picture impact.
- Prior leadership experience preferred.
Nice to Haves.
- Experience in Total Loss or Insurance Industry
- Knowledge of Fair Debt Collection Practices Act a plus
Enjoy the Rewards and Benefits Top Perks: Great training, tuition reimbursement and a culture of opportunity and promotion from within
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.-
- 16 days of PTO and 8 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?-
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!