- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Legal Assistant
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 20 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 5,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a Legal Assistant you will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the legal department and have an opportunity to become a vital part of an established legal team that provides day to day support, including legal, risk and business analysis.
In long, the Legal Assistant is responsible for:
- Provide legal support assistance to the legal team as requested.
- Maintain and update legal calendar and related databases.
- Assist with corporate governance matters including record keeping, board meetings, and related filings.
- Partner with attorneys on investigating and resolving consumer, commercial, and employee disputes.
- Conduct legal research and prepare legal memorandums.
- Assist with subpoena responses and other records requests.
- Assist in gathering and preparing documents and other records for discovery responses.
- Prepare, update and maintain litigation hold notices and related records.
- Assist in preparation of company policies and procedures.
- Assist with reviews and/or drafts miscellaneous agreements and contracts.
- As requested, drafts contract amendments, assignments, notices, legal correspondence, etc.
- As is relates to contracts, follows-up on outstanding legal documents/issues, as needed.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-paced environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Passionate and goal-oriented. We are looking for someone that is enthusiastic about their work and is passionate about not only meeting their goals but exceeding them.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Friendly and tactful with the ability to influence others, effectively manage conflict, exercise sound judgment, effectively manage highly sensitive and confidential information, interact at all levels within the organization, and build cross-functional partnerships across the business.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience at a law firm and/or in-house corporate legal team
- Bachelor's degree and/or Paralegal certification from an accredited paralegal program
- Previous experience with HR issues and employment laws and/or reviewing contracts and basic contract law and/or litigation and discovery.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to go “above and beyond” to meet requirements of the position when required.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!