- HR Support
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Leave Specialist
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. Across the nation, from our home office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a Leave Specialist you will play an important role on DriveTime’s Total Rewards Team by ensuring all leaves are administered in accordance with applicable regulations and policies and ensuring all leave and accommodation activity is effectively managed from initiating to completion.
In long, our Leave Specialist are responsible for:
- Primary liaison and record keeper for all internal and external communications on leave of absences and accommodations.
- Regularly keeps all impacted groups notified of status updates and pertinent issues, including Legal Teams, vendors, Management and Payroll.
- Maintains contact, both verbal and written, with employees regarding leaves, ensuring necessary employee status information is provided.
- Build out processes and training programs for on-going education.
- Facilitates accommodation conversations with employees and managers.
- Accurately and promptly answers incoming questions from employees across the organization regarding their leave of absence and accommodations questions.
- Ensures that all necessary documentation is received, distributed and routed to the appropriate parties.
- Proactively reaches out to affected employees and partners with HR Manager on resolving any concerns or complaints.
- Keeps up to date on all department policies to ensure accurate and compliant communication.
- Reviews, monitors and organizes all reported leaves of absences using internal and external applications with accurate classifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Mum’s the word. We need someone that can handle sensitive information with the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Agile in a fast-paced environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Servant mentality. DriveTime is here to serve our external and internal clients always providing an exceptional experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in administering leaves of absence and accommodations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Experience and basic understanding of federal and state compliance laws as they apply to leave of absences, including the ADA and FMLA, is required.
- Working knowledge of Workers’ Compensation, Short-Term Disability (STD), Family and Medical Leave (FMLA), Long-Term Disability (LTD), Military and Personal leaves.
- Ability to support and communicate policy and procedure.
Nice to Haves.
- Experience with Workday
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!