Lead Information Security Engineer
- Information Technology
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Lead Information Security Engineer
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 20 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 5,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. Across the nation, from our home office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
DriveTime is forming a new Information Security Team and program. In short, as the Lead Information Security Engineer you will be responsible for developing tools and procedures to mature the visibility, accuracy, and responsiveness with our security monitoring and detection capabilities. In this role, you will provide direct leadership for the Security Engineering & Operations team and provide technical expertise for all of Information Security. This role reporting directly to our Director of Information Security.
In long, our Lead Information Security Engineer are responsible for:
- Guiding Security Operations Analysts on structured monitoring and response processes
- Working with analysts on enhanced detection strategy, security event correlation, use cases, and playbooks by optimizing existing tools and data. Identify additional features and tools to increase effectiveness.
- Collaborating with external Engineering and Architecture teams to represent Information Security’s interests in technology implementations: security event data, control policies, integrations, proof of concept, etc.
- Supporting the GRC (Governance, Regulatory and Compliance) Team with any technology or data solutions implementations
- Providing input to security policies
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Agile in a fast-paced environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Management material. We are looking for someone that can lead, manage and grow within our organization.
- Rebel with a cause. You are always looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement.
- Minimum 6 years of technology engineering experience including security controls and tools, having attained a senior role with some degree of leadership responsibility
- Experience with tools and integrations that support a security program (SIEM, Vulnerability Management, Risk Management, Log Management, Asset Management, IAM, etc.)
- Familiar with common security frameworks and standards (NIST, ISO 27001, PCI DSS, SOC 1, SOC 2)
- Experience in multiple technical domains is desired (Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, Cloud Engineering, Software Development, etc.)
- Experience with common scripting languages is desired (Python, Powershell, etc.)
Nice to Haves.
- SOC experience
- CISSP or other information security certification
- Relevant technical certifications
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!