IT Systems Specialist
- Information Technology
- Business Unit
- 1721 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs an IT Systems Specialist
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. Across the nation, from our home office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as an IT Systems Specialist, you’re responsible for coordinating with internal stakeholders and development teams to identify process changes or updates that are required to existing data and workflows that are essential to daily operations. You’ll become proficient in several of our core enterprise applications and develop a deep understanding of our system inter-dependencies.
In long, our IT Systems Specialist day to day responsibilities:
- Assist development teams and business users with implementation of new core policy and claims management system
- Performing operational configuration updates to systems, applications, and databases in order to support business initiatives and comply with changing regulatory requirements
- Provide escalated application support to research, analyze, and resolve routine to complex business/operations problems. Coordinate with internal customers or vendors to resolve issues as necessary. Follow up with resolution of problems.
- Partner with workflow areas of responsibility on process improvement initiatives. Analyze work process design and technology solutions to streamline, automate and improve work processes.
- Assess and document data transaction requirements and interactions between applications and back-end systems.
- The go-to subject-matter-expert (SME) in your area, whose knowledge is sought out and relied upon by peers and business partners
- Help manage security for business systems including documentation of processes associated with security. Responsible for ensuring appropriate data security controls, process and system documentation
- Assist development teams and business users with implementation of core system
- 4-Year degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similarly analytical discipline completed or in-process or 4 years of related work experience in auto insurance industry. Willing to consider experience in other insurance industries.
- Excellent Communication Skills. You’re comfortable working with business and technical individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Keen Analytical Acumen. You’re able to add structure where it doesn’t exist, and process qualitative and quantitative data to draw conclusions.
- Outcome Orientation. You understand the “whys” behind tasks and can achieve complex goals with a high level of autonomy.
- Strong Organizational Skills. You have a track record of high performance in a fast-paced environment that demonstrates flexibility, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- A Systemic Thinker. You have strong problem-solving skills and are prepared to think out of the box, tackling problems from multiple directions in search of the most effective solutions from a user perspective.
- 2+ years experience in an IT role with day-to-day work in Administrative System (i.e. claims and/or policy system)
- Comfortable performing data analysis and ah-hoc querying in Microsoft T-SQL
- Experience with PowerShell development is a plus
- Experience developing on the Microsoft Power Platform (PowerApps, LogicApps, Flow) is a plus
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!