Insurance Product Manager
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs an Insurance Product Manager
DriveTime is the nation’s second largest used car retailer, focused on helping people find and finance used vehicles. We have single-handedly rebuilt, retooled, redreamed and reconfigured the way people think about buying cars, breaking apart from the industry’s status quo. For more than 14 years, DriveTime has changed the auto world from the ground up while emphasizing values, morals and growth from the inside-out!
DriveTime’s goal is to take every customer on the full path to ownership. All the way from purchasing vehicles, inspecting and selling; to financing, servicing and warranties – when it comes to owning a vehicle - we know what’s up! As motivated as we are to take our customer on the path to ownership, we are just as focused on taking our employees on the path to owning their careers. Across the nation, from our home office and call centers to our 138 retail locations and 20 inspection centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as an Insurance Product Manager you drive and participate in all phases of the product life cycle from ideation to deployment. You will partner with cross-functional teams to develop our foundational enterprise processes and lead a large system implementation project. You’ll also lead the identification and valuation of opportunities and problems, assist in mitigating risks in our processes, and lead the implementation of strategic initiatives. All along the way you’re communicating and aligning product development with business stakeholders and ensuring the strategy and roadmaps align with the organization’s goals.
In long, our Insurance Product Managers are responsible for:
- Lead a large system implementation project from day one
- Collaborate across teams to develop system controls and processes
- Product vision and ownership of the product life cycle including taking projects from ideation to innovation; performing gap analysis, leading project valuation, defining business requirements, launch plan creation, and product adoption assessments
- Proposing roadmap strategies, tradeoff/risk assessments, and owning project definition
- Owning feature creation and delivery to IT, while building a prioritized feature backlog
- Facilitating and leading discussions with IT, business users, analytics, and vendors to define business requirements and acceptance criteria to ensure efforts are focused on critical needs
- Researching, compiling, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative information to conclude and communication well-reasoned decisions
- Establishing schedules, guidelines, and procedures and determining the most effective way to deliver a complete solution to an identified problem
- Proposing different solutions for the same problem, situation, or workflow using your knowledge of business and system-level personas
- Analyzing whether to buy, build, or partner to complete the solution to solve business problems
- Developing highly scalable solutions enabled by data and/or technology
- Organizing multiple projects at one time that span multiple business units
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Friendly and tactful with the ability to influence others, effectively manage conflict, exercise sound judgment, effectively manage highly sensitive and confidential information, interact at all levels within the organization, and build cross-functional partnerships across the business
- Rebel with a cause. You are always looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement.
- Takes a hold of the wheel. You’ll need to take the initiative and be comfortable doing so.
- 2+ years of software Product Management or Product Ownership experience
- 4+ years of experience in any combination of business operations, Product Management, Product Owner, or Business Analysis roles
- Bachelor degree required, bachelor degree in Risk Management, Management Information Systems, Operations Research, a degree with an insurance emphasis, or MBA preferred
- Demonstrate experience in developing product roadmaps
- Demonstrate advanced problem solving skills
- Insurance industry experience preferred
- Experience managing large system implementations preferred
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!