Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. Across the nation, from our home office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, the Instructional Designer develops strategic learning solutions that effectively deliver quality content to employees leveraging creative and audience-appropriate formats. These comprehensive solutions prove a transfer of knowledge to a variety of learners, achieve desired business outcomes, and maximize efficiencies. In addition, you will help our Employee Experience/Organizational Development Teams play a key role in promoting a learning and development culture which inspires all employees to be on the path to career ownership!
In long, our Instructional Designers are responsible for:
- Producing thoughtful and comprehensive learning solutions which connect the strategic business need with innovative design techniques and effective assessment methods.
- Creating highly engaging and outcomes-based training programs which integrate instructor-led, practical, and technology-based learning opportunities to ensure a transfer of knowledge.
- Constructing diverse and progressive content, courses, learning paths and curriculums for employees spanning all levels of the organization with varying needs.
- Staying ahead of and applying best practices and timely research in learning theories and instructional design methodologies.
- Effectively integrating and driving company branding, values, and culture into learning content, messaging, format, and delivery.
- Establishing effective working relationships with key business partners to identify, influence, and assess training and developmental needs and trends.
- Partnering with stakeholders regarding effective strategies for learning implementation, assessment, and execution.
- Translating business needs into actionable learning solutions which achieve measurable organizational and site-specific business goals.
- Performing other related duties, as required, and assigned.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize then re-prioritize again.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences, including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know "detail-oriented" is on about every job description - but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Works well in a time crunch. There will be multiple time sensitive requirements and you’ll need the ability to meet deliverable due dates.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 1+ years proven experience using Articulate 360 (Rise, Storyline)
- 1+ years of professional experience as an Instructional Designer, with strong e-learning background
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite skills (e.g., Office 365).
- Experience using Adobe Creative tools highly preferred
Nice to Haves.
- Ability to leverage the capabilities of a learning management system. Cornerstone On Demand experience is a plus!
- Experience creating and implementing Management and Leadership Development programs.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break - no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!