- HR Support
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs an Instructional Designer
DriveTime is the nation’s second largest used car retailer, focused on helping people find and finance used vehicles (trust us, it’s more exciting than it sounds). We have single-handedly rebuilt, retooled, redreamed and reconfigured the way people think about driving cars, breaking apart from the industry’s status quo. For more than 17 years, DriveTime has changed the auto world from the ground up while emphasizing values, morals and growth from the inside-out!
DriveTime’s goal is to take every customer on the full path to ownership. All the way from purchasing vehicles, inspecting and selling; to financing, servicing and warranties – when it comes to owning a vehicle - we know what’s up! As motivated as we are to take our customer on the path to ownership, we are just as focused on taking our employees on the path to owning their careers. Across the nation, from our home office and call centers to our 138 retail locations and 20 inspection centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as the Instructional Designer, you will ensure that our training programs are developed in a manner that maximizes efficiency, effectively transfers knowledge to learners in a creative format and achieves desired target metrics. Overall you will help our Organizational Development Team play a key role in promoting a learning culture that inspires all employees to be on the path to career ownership!
In long, our Instructional Designers are responsible for:
- Partnering with subject-matter experts to determine relevant and high-impact learning outcomes.
- Creating highly engaging and efficient training programs for employees at all levels.
- Constructing learning paths for management and leadership development programs.
- Building scenario-based learning, simulations, and adaptive learning designs that promote engagement.
- Collaborating with stakeholders on effective strategies for implementation and assessment of learning.
- Translating business needs into actionable learning solutions that drive organizational and site-specific business goals.
- Performing other related duties as required and assigned.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize… then re-prioritize again.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences, including leadership.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on every job description – but we really mean it! Grammar, punctuation, brand, consistency…it all is important!
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Works well in a time crunch. There will be multiple time sensitive requirements and you’ll need the ability to meet varying deliverable due dates.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 1+ years of professional experience in area(s) such as:
- Human Resources or People
- Education Technology
- Content design, instructional design, e-learning designer/developer
- Experience using modern, e-learning authoring tools and programming languages – e.g., HTML5 (required)
- Working familiarity with adult learning concepts.
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite skills (e.g., Office 365).
Nice to Haves.
- Ability to leverage the capabilities of a learning management system; Experience with Cornerstone OnDemand preferred.
- Experience creating and implementing Management and Leadership Development programs.
- Success participating in review/revision processes.
- Working knowledge with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Incorporating multi-media aspects into training design.
- Articulate 360 preferred.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!
Need help finding the right job?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2019-27257