- Retail Leadership
- Business Unit
- 821 E Division St
- Postal Code
DriveTime needs a General Manager In Training:
What’s under the hood:
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, the Manager in Training is an opportunity for successful leaders to join the organization who want to leverage existing leadership skills, while getting tuned into our business philosophy, so YOU can be ready to run your own store as a General Manager in 6-12 Months. We are more than your typical traditional dealership! With our no haggle, set price approach, you get to focus on the customers’ experience and not on getting the highest price. We'll give you the right training and the right tools to help you to accelerate your career.
In long, as a General Manager (running your own store) you will:
- Provide guidance and strategic planning for the dealership concerning sales goals.
- Achieve sales volume and profitability objectives utilizing all sales channels in a continually changing environment.
- Implement and execute all company-wide marketing initiatives to maximize their impact and to help meet or exceed sales goals.
- Train and develop employees to advance through a career path.
- Identify referral source prospects for the dealership, create a strategy to develop relationships with prospects, and monitor and maintain positive referral source relationships.
- Conduct sales meetings to motivate and share successful selling techniques and skills.
- Develop and enhance customer relationships by establishing, promoting, and maintaining excellent customer service with sales operations.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Stability. With 20 New Stores Opening there is a lot of stability to add to the growth potential
- Culture. Interconnected and collaborative environment that promotes growth from within. Over 80% of our current leadership has developed internally.
- Training: Structured and Intensive training Program to prepare you for all aspects of the dealership
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off? This also increases with tenure.
- Benefits like 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement, company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Company Car, Bonus Potential and Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Wellness Program. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Master of managing. Effectively manage and work with all levels of employees and customers.
- Takes a hold of the wheel. You’ll need to take the initiative and be comfortable doing so.
- Quality decision maker. Good decisions are made based on knowledge. We’ll need you to gather all the facts and take them all into consideration when making decisions.
- Top of the “Line” communicator. Ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Critical thinker. We need folks that don’t simply accept all arguments and conclusions but rather have an attitude involving questioning arguments and conclusions.
- Listeners…Not Hearers Seek to understand, do not hear to reply.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Level headed. You’ll need the ability to maintain personal composure when confronted with a difficult situation.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (A college degree is nice to have as well)
- 5+ years of management experience
- General Manager, Retail Manager or Multi Unit Manager experience preferred
- Ability to relocate within a geographical area. Yes, this is important! We will align your geographical desire with our growth needs and offer relocation assistance to help you realize your career objectives!
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.