- Retail Leadership
- Business Unit
- 5554 Memorial Dr
- Stone Mountain
- Postal Code
DriveTime needs YOU, an Automotive leader:
What’s under the hood:
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 20 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 5,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In Short, our industry-defining Accelerated Management Program (AMP) is the ideal platform for anyone who feels they're stuck at a dead-end in their current management career. This is a unique opportunity to leverage your existing leadership skills, tune them to our business philosophy, and move forward on an advanced level of management. Through this well-defined career-path you'll enjoy accomplished colleagues with like-minded career ambition, the supportive resources of our billion dollar company, and our "small-company feel." You will have the opportunity to run a store as a General Manager in 6 months or less. We'll give you the right tools and the fast track, you choose how far and how fast you accelerate your career.
In Long, you will:
- Provide guidance and strategic planning for the dealership with respect to sales goals
- Achieve sales volume and profitability objectives utilizing all sales channels in a continually changing environment
- Implement and execute all company-wide marketing initiatives so as to maximize their impact and to help meet or exceed sales goals
- Train and develop employees to advance through a careerpath
- Identify referral source prospects for dealership, create a strategy to develop relationships with prospects, and monitor and maintain positive referral source relationships
- Conduct sales meetings to motivate and share successful selling techniques and skills.
- Develop and enhance customer relationships by establishing, promoting, maintaining excellent customer service with sales operations
So, What’s in our Candidate Inspection?
- Master of managing. Effectively manage and work with all levels of employees and customers.
- Takes a hold of the wheel. You’ll need to take the initiative and be comfortable doing so.
- Quality decision maker. Good decisions are made based on knowledge. We’ll need you to gather all the facts and take them all into consideration when making decisions.
- Top of the Line communicator. Ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Critical thinker. We need folks that don’t simply accept all arguments and conclusions but rather have an attitude involving questioning arguments and conclusions.
- Listeners…Not Hearers Seek to understand, do not hear to reply.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Level headed. You’ll need the ability to maintain personal composure when confronted with a difficult situation.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
The Specifics - What do you need?
- A Bachelor's degree would be nice but a high school diploma is required
- 5+ years of management experience
- General Manager, Retail Manager or Multi Unit Manager experience preferred
- Ability to ask for the sale and handle customer requests
- Ability to relocate required after 6 month training. Corporate housing may be provided (depending on location) and relocation assistance may be provided
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Competitive pay.Base salary during the 6 month training period (your near future: General Managers earn $65,400 base pay + $50,000 bonus potential).
- Benefits Matter: Outstanding medical, dental and vision plans, paid time-off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K matching! (After only 30 days!)
- Top Perks: Company car, industry leading management training and a casual and fun atmosphere.
- Schedule: Enjoy a 5-day work week with Sundays always off. Major holidays off too! We work hard and play hard, so you can expect to have work life balance with DriveTime.
- Additional benefits 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within with over 1,000 employees promoted last year.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.