- Retail Leadership
- Business Unit
- 5935 Veterans Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime needs YOU, an Automotive leader:
What’s under the hood:
DriveTime is the nation’s largest used car retailer and finance company, focused on helping people find and finance used vehicles (trust us, it’s more exciting than it sounds). An innovative company who has rebuilt, retooled, redreamed and reconfigured the way people think about buying cars; breaking apart from the industry’s status quo for more than 14 years.
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In Short, our industry-defining Accelerated Management Program (AMP) is the ideal platform for anyone who feels they're stuck at a dead-end in their current management career. This is a unique opportunity to leverage your existing leadership skills, tune them to our business philosophy, and move forward on an advanced level of management. Through this well-defined career-path you'll enjoy accomplished colleagues with like-minded career ambition, the supportive resources of our billion dollar company, and our "small-company feel." You will have the opportunity to run a store as a General Manager in 6 months or less. We'll give you the right tools and the fast track, you choose how far and how fast you accelerate your career.
In Long, you will:
- Provide guidance and strategic planning for the dealership with respect to sales goals
- Achieve sales volume and profitability objectives utilizing all sales channels in a continually changing environment
- Implement and execute all company-wide marketing initiatives so as to maximize their impact and to help meet or exceed sales goals
- Train and develop employees to advance through a careerpath
- Identify referral source prospects for dealership, create a strategy to develop relationships with prospects, and monitor and maintain positive referral source relationships
- Conduct sales meetings to motivate and share successful selling techniques and skills.
- Develop and enhance customer relationships by establishing, promoting, maintaining excellent customer service with sales operations
So, What’s in our Candidate Inspection?
- Master of managing. Effectively manage and work with all levels of employees and customers.
- Takes a hold of the wheel. You’ll need to take the initiative and be comfortable doing so.
- Quality decision maker. Good decisions are made based on knowledge. We’ll need you to gather all the facts and take them all into consideration when making decisions.
- Top of the Line communicator. Ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Listeners…Not Hearers Seek to understand, do not hear to reply.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
The Specifics - What do you need?
- A Bachelor's degree would be nice but a high school diploma is required
- 5+ years of management experience
- General Manager, Retail Manager or Multi Unit Manager experience preferred
- Ability to ask for the sale and handle customer requests
- Ability to relocate required after 6 month training. Corporate housing may be provided (depending on location) and relocation assistance may be provided
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Competitive pay.Base salary during the 6 month training period (your near future: General Managers earn $65,400 base pay + $50,000 bonus potential).
- Benefits Matter: Outstanding medical, dental and vision plans, paid time-off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K matching! (After only 30 days!)
- Top Perks: Company car, industry leading management training and a casual and fun atmosphere.
- Schedule: Enjoy a 5-day work week with Sundays always off. Major holidays off too! We work hard and play hard, so you can expect to have work life balance with DriveTime.
- Additional benefits 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within with over 1,000 employees promoted last year.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2019-28055