General Manager In Training
DriveTime is the largest privately-owned used car sales and finance company in the country. Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, we have more than 130+ dealerships, 4 operations centers, and 16 reconditioning centers across the nation. Our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
In short, Our Management Training program leverages your existing leadership skills, tunes them to our business philosophy, and gets you ready to run your own store as a General Manager in 6-12 Months. We are more than your typical traditional dealership! With our no haggle, set price approach, you get to focus on the customers’ experience and not on getting the highest price. We'll give you the right training and the right tools to help you to accelerate your career.
In long, you will:
- Provide guidance and strategic planning for the dealership concerning sales goals.
- Achieve sales volume and profitability objectives utilizing all sales channels in a continually changing environment.
- Implement and execute all company-wide marketing initiatives to maximize their impact and to help meet or exceed sales goals.
- Train and develop employees to advance through a career path.
- Identify referral source prospects for the dealership, create a strategy to develop relationships with prospects, and monitor and maintain positive referral source relationships.
- Conduct sales meetings to motivate and share successful selling techniques and skills.
- Develop and enhance customer relationships by establishing, promoting, and maintaining excellent customer service with sales operations.
What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Stability: With 10-15 new stores opening annually there is a lot of stability to add to the growth potential.
- Training: Structured and Intensive training Program to prepare you for all aspects of the dealership.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- Personal/Sick Time and 8 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off? This also increases with tenure.
- Additional Benefits like 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement, company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Company Car, Bonus Potential and Cell Phone Reimbursement.
What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Master of managing. Be the leader who does things without waiting to be told. Take Charge and own your business!
- Takes a hold of the wheel. We encourage you to bring out and share your concepts and while learning new ones!
- Quality decision maker. Good decisions are made based on knowledge. We’ll need you to gather all the facts and take them all into consideration when making decisions.
- Top of the "Line" communicator. Ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Critical thinker. We need folks that don’t simply accept all arguments and conclusions but rather have an attitude involving questioning arguments and conclusions.
- Levelheaded. You’ll need the ability to maintain personal composure when confronted with a difficult situation.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Relocatable. You will need to relocate once your training is complete to lead your own store operations.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (A college degree is nice to have as well)
- 5+ years of senior management experience
- Retail Manager or Multi-Unit Management experience highly preferred.
- Ability to pass a drug test and criminal background check.
- Valid driver's license with a decent driving record for the previous 3 years.
- Ability to relocate within our West Region (California, Nevada, Colorado) geographical area. Relocation assistance will be provided.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!