General Manager in Training
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, Our Management Training program leverages your existing leadership skills, tunes them to our business philosophy, and gets you ready to run your own store as a General Manager in 6-12 Months. We are more than your typical traditional dealership! With our no-haggle, set price approach, you get to focus on the customers’ experience and not on getting the highest price. We'll give you the right training and the right tools to help you to accelerate your career.
In long, you will:
- Provide guidance and strategic planning for the dealership concerning sales goals.
- Achieve sales volume and profitability objectives utilizing all sales channels in a continually changing environment.
- Implement and execute all company-wide marketing initiatives to maximize their impact and to help meet or exceed sales goals.
- Train and develop employees to advance through a career path.
- Identify referral source prospects for the dealership, create a strategy to develop relationships with prospects, and monitor and maintain positive referral source relationships.
- Conduct sales meetings to motivate and share successful selling techniques and skills.
- Develop and enhance customer relationships by establishing, promoting, and maintaining excellent customer service with sales operations.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Stability: With 10-15 new dealerships opening within the next 12 months, there is a lot of stability to add to the growth potential
- Culture: Interconnected and collaborative environment that promotes growth from within. Over 80% of our current leadership has developed internally.
- Training: Structured and Intensive training to prepare you for all aspects of the dealership.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision: DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- Paid Time Off: 16 days of PTO and 8 paid Holidays because who doesn’t love time off? This also increases with tenure.
- Benefits: 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement, company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability, company car, and cell phone reimbursement
- Wellness Program. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Master of managing. Be the leader who does things without waiting to be told. Take Charge and own your business!
- Takes hold of the wheel. We encourage you to bring out and share your concepts, and while learning new ones!
- Quality decision-maker. Good decisions are made based on knowledge. We’ll need you to gather all the facts and take them all into consideration when making decisions.
- Top of the "Line" communicator. Ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma, and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Critical thinker. We need folks that don’t simply accept all arguments and conclusions but rather have an attitude involving questioning arguments and conclusions.
- A mind for the details. Okay, we know "detail-oriented" is on about every job description - but we really mean it!
- Level headed. You’ll need the ability to maintain personal composure when confronted with a difficult situation.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- High School diploma is required; a Post-secondary degree is highly preferred.
- 5+ years of management experience; General Manager, Retail Manager, or Multi-Unit Manager experience preferred.
- Active Driver's License and a decent driving record for the last 3 years.
- Relocation Required: The ability to relocate within a geographical area (Relocation assistance will be provided)
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!